Wuben        

Thread: DQG Fairy story

Default DQG Fairy story

Last year, at the beginning of March 2019, we went down to Concord to take delivery of a new Tacoma. In the year, I put over 35K miles on it. That was a good day, yet also a sad day.

At some point, while taking keys out of my pocket, putting keys back in, taking out my wallet, whatever, my favorite EDC light - a brass DQG Fairy, with two tritium vials in the tail - disappeared. My assumption was that it fell out into the snow of the dealership parking lot. I even went back the next day and looked around briefly.

Of course, I ordered a replacement. Now that itís July - well over a year later - the replacement has a attained a decent patina. Hereís a picture:

And another:

Yesterday, my son and I were mowing the lawn. While I was backing the mower up into the garage, I happened to look down, and what did I see half-buried in the dirt driveway? The original Fairy Iíd thought long lost!

I brought it in, ditched the battery, scraped the terminals inside and the threads, put in a new battery, and look! It works!

Itís the one on the left, BTW. Amazing! Sitting in my dirt driveway for well over a year, definitely driven over, with road salt and snow, rain, snow blower, whatever else.

One of the tritium vials also still shines:

Again, itís the one on the left.

I guess itís a testimony to Mr. DQG and that tiny little capsule of brass. Nice work.

And talk about a patina!

Thanks for reading.

Default Re: DQG Fairy story

Fun to read the long-lost, then found stories! Congrats!
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Fun to read the long-lost, then found stories! Congrats!

I agree, fun read. Thanks for sharing! ...

So cool that it was found and still works.

How great! So glad you posted this. Almost had tears of joy. When will the movie come out?
    Seriously though, thanks for showing the patina especially.