New Maglite Shotgun Shell Holder

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting! I wonder if it will be available at sporting goods and other online shops. Maglite's site is usually full retail price on items.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting! I wonder if it will be available at sporting goods and other online shops. Maglite's site is usually full retail price on items.

They have 20-30% off promos pretty frequently if you sign up to their e-mail list.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool MM. Thanks for the info.

Time will tell about the Mag Tac light I suppose.

A updated Mag Tac would be great. The old Mag Tac is getting a little outdated in terms of the LED generation, but is an excellent light - sadly underrated. I just hope that Mag doesn't get caught up in the lumen wars too much when they do the update. A metal clip would be a a nice upgrade for the Mag Tac as well.

maglite mike

Enlightened
I should have provided some more info. I purchased the shotgun shell holder on the maglite site and received it a few days ago. I have also seen this sold on Amazon for the same price. Its pricier than other shell holders I own but its extremely high quality in comparison. I put it on my mossberg 590 A1 with an elzetta mount and a malkoff md 2 hi lo. I highly recommend it.

maglite mike

Enlightened
See attached link for a photo of the mag tac II. I wonder if it will be potted or atleast be able to handle recoil? If not they need to make a weapon mountable light.

"New this year from Maglite is the Mag-Tac II. What is special about this flashlight? It has been designed to make holding a flashlight and a gun easier. It is estimated that 70% of shooting occur in low light situations. If you own a gun, then you should learn how to grip your gun and your flashlight. The Mag-Tac II features 3 modes: momentary, full power, and strobe; and it features almost 400 lumens".

https://www.womenandguns.com/mag-tac-ii-tactical-flashlight-review/

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=ArialNarrow, sans-serif]Doesn't look like it is set up for weapon mounting with all those grooves but a line of Mag weapon lights would be great, especially a compact pistol light for concealed carry and a throwy rifle light with a pressure switch.[/FONT]

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it has the Mag-lite name so it MUST be good...right? Looks like just another dump pouch to me. Why do they always use the term "ballistic nylon"? I mean companies in general, it's not rated to stop any kind of ballistic projectile is it? I guess it could just mean it is used to hold ballistic projectiles of some type...marketing speak, uugh! Pretty soon we'll be seeing "Ballistic Flashlights"!

maglite mike

Enlightened
The picture of the Mag Tac charge on Amazon shows 671 lumens. Which one is that?

The mag tac recharge has been upgraded. More lumen but also improved internals and battery etc. The first rendition was kind of a bust. Supposedly this one is much improved. I dont own either so I can't go into detail.

maglite mike

Enlightened
Well it has the Mag-lite name so it MUST be good...right? Looks like just another dump pouch to me. Why do they always use the term "ballistic nylon"? I mean companies in general, it's not rated to stop any kind of ballistic projectile is it? I guess it could just mean it is used to hold ballistic projectiles of some type...marketing speak, uugh! Pretty soon we'll be seeing "Ballistic Flashlights"!

I agree all this tactical and ballistic nonsense is overkill especially since its not ballistic rated and cannot stop a bullet. That being said this is a high quality shotgun shell holder. Definitely better quality than much of the competition. I hope they come out with weapon mounts and lights. I have everything from surefire, arisaka, malkoff and elzetta mounted on my guns...i have a soft spot for maglite and would love to mount one on a shotty of mine.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
An XL 50 clip fits a Malkoff MD2 like it's factory. If the MagTac uses the same sized barrel as the XL50 I suppose a mount that clamps a Malkoff would also grip the MagTac………

Just tossing it out there MM.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not trying to hurt anybody's feelings but 60 dollars?? Allen makes almost the same thing for around 8 bucks.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya it's a nice shell holder but I was thinking the same thing. To be honest I like the exposed ones where you can just pull them out without opening anything.

maglite mike

Enlightened
An XL 50 clip fits a Malkoff MD2 like it's factory. If the MagTac uses the same sized barrel as the XL50 I suppose a mount that clamps a Malkoff would also grip the MagTac………

Just tossing it out there MM.

I had a mag twc mounted on a shotgun for a while but I didn't feel it was built to handle the recoil. On an ar 15 .556 platform it may do better.

maglite mike

Enlightened
Ya it's a nice shell holder but I was thinking the same thing. To be honest I like the exposed ones where you can just pull them out without opening anything.
I'm not sure why it has the cover on the shells. It definitely doesn't need it since the shells fit snug and aren't going to fall out. I happen to leave the cover opened. Maybe its for travel or inclimate weather ?

maglite mike

Enlightened
I'm not trying to hurt anybody's feelings but 60 dollars?? Allen makes almost the same thing for around 8 bucks.

The Allen shell holders are decent and get the job done but the quality doesn't even come close. I own a few. I think I got one for $5. The maglite shell holder is far superior quality. Its also much easier to take on and off when traveling to the range. In NJ we need to separate ammo from the weapon. Draconian laws. Bottom line is I think its worth $60 based on the quality. The flip arguments can be made for a maglite vs an arisaka/surefire /malkoff/elzetta/modlite/ HDS etc . You get what you pay for but sometimes it's overkill.