Most powerfull LED under 50mAh +/-5mAh

666nm

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I am searching:

1. Best performance LED around 45 to 55mAh.
2. Best performance LED under 100mAh.

High CRI is benefit but not necessary.

Yes i was searching but i wanna hear what you think. I think its complicated question ( i am noob so maybe its relative).

Yes i know its VERY LOW light but i want it no matter what who say. I am already runing one led on very low amps and its close to my needs. I just wanna made experiment with something more powerfull to see if it will be ok or too much...

Thank you for help...

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome here, 666nm! :wave:

What you probably meant is current (mA), not mAh. The latter is a measure of (battery) capacity, often (ab)used as a measure of energy. Not power (which is energy per unit of time). And more exactly you're probably meaning a mWatt figure, with the mA figure implying some common / 'fixed' voltage drop, like ~3V across most white (?) LEDs.

Assuming that's what you meant, and assuming you're talking white LEDs, that would translate into highest-output LEDs at around ~150 and ~300 mW power levels. Which has an easy answer: any reasonably modern LED, which:
  • Has a high figure for lumens/Watt (lm/W). If I'm not mistaken, commercially available white LEDs top out at ~200 lm/W these days.
  • Can handle that 150 or 300 mW. Easy... :)
  • Is mounted / cooled in such a way, that at those power levels it wouldn't heat up very much (high temperature lowers most LEDs' efficiency)

Would you want this to be a LED whose light is easy to focus with an optic (read: relatively small, with high surface brightness). Or is a flat / large / low(er) surface brightness, but efficient LED also fine? In other words: you need a beam, or a widely dispersed flood of light? And what % of efficiency are you willing to drop, in order to obtain nice tint and/or high CRI? Usually the higher lm/W figures come from LEDs with cooler tints (>6000K), and high CRI usually comes with warmer tints (<5000K).

Note that this can translate into LEDs targeted at very different power outputs! :duh2: For example a 1W and a 20W rated LED going toe-to-toe. As long as they have a similar lm/W rating, then with same input power they should produce similar # of lumens. Meaning: with the best commercial LEDs currently available (~200 lm/W), and 150 or 300 mW input power, you could expect in the order of 30 resp. 60 lumens output. Less if you want tints or CRI that please the eye...

withcandle

Newly Enlightened
What defines the performance? Lumen per /mah? What is the weight factor you give CRI? How about lifetime?
How about your provide this information first.