Project Bezel from special metal

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
And so, I asked Henry for a drawing of the bezel. He was very kind and gave his them. Having made a model based on his them, we made a small change - we added meat to the teeth so that we could add 1.5 x 6 mm tritium capsules to this structure without weakening the structure.

At this stage, we checked the quality of the thread, it fits well. Now we will make a few pieces, at the moment without slots for tritium, since we need to interest the turner/milling machinist to continue.

It looks like this:

sale topic here, and in this thread I hope to hear people's opinions about this venture
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...ght-from-special-metals&p=5415244#post5415244

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your interest, a little patience, unfortunately machinist is slow, I am waiting for this to fall into my hands. Price with delivery 95, why - when I have it, I'll show it)) Black will be too - black and shiny, hopefully.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your interest, a little patience, unfortunately machinist is slow, I am waiting for this to fall into my hands. Price with delivery 95, why - when I have it, I'll show it)) Black will be too - black and shiny, hopefully.

I'm in.... hope all goes smoooooothly. :D

Stoneking

Enlightened
Machinist is active like a European Proteus

In a study which makes sloths look recklessly hyperactive, divers documenting the movements of olms (also known as the proteus) in Herzegovinian caves found that over a decade, individuals tended to move less than 10 metres in total.

However, one extraordinarily inert individual was found not to have bothered moving once in over seven years.

"Taken from an Independent UK article"

nbp

Flashaholic
LOL, that post is hilarious.

Also, that Da bezel on Stoneking's HDS is off the hook Sergey! Fantastic!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you make a slot in the bezel for slide-in film filters (eg lee filters)? just above the lens

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you make a slot in the bezel for slide-in film filters (eg lee filters)? just above the lens

Everything is possible, but there are a couple of points - how thick and hard is this film? If there is a distance between the glass and the film, then it will play like a membrane. If just make a circular slit, then when it gets there, you won't be able to remove it without damage without removing the glass. Or make notches to hook it and take it out (right, blue), then the edge of the film will be visible. Or make a bezel on the bezel to press.