CR123 Headlamp that offers more than 500 lumen and has a flood beam?

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
Does any company make a headlamp that meets these requirement? I was using the Princeton Tec Apex Pro before I lost it. It runs on two cr123 lithium batteries. I loved this headlamp so much that I bought 100 cr123's. So now I'm looking for a new headlamp that uses these types of batteries and also has higher lumens and gives a flood beam (or can adjust to a flood). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

pc_light

Enlightened
Skilhunt make some budget friendly lights that are fairly tough, the H04F is the flood version is the nice H04 series. Those models take 1x18650, 2xCR123A or 2x16340, so that once you've blown through those 123A's you can switch to rechargeables.

I don't have one but Nitecore HC60 is also well regarded.

Last edited:

parametrek

Enlightened
My database has a bunch with those criteria. The Nitecore UT32 and Fenix HP25R are interesting options under $80.

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
Skilhunt make some budget friendly lights that are fairly tough, the H04F is the flood version is the nice H04 series. Those models take 1x18650, 2xCR123A or 2x16340, so that once you've blown through those 123A's you can switch to rechargeables.

I don't have one but Nitecore HC60 is also well regarded.

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll look at the specs for those models.

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
My database has a bunch with those criteria. The Nitecore UT32 and Fenix HP25R are interesting options under $80.

I currently own a Fenix flashlight and like it a lot. I've heard good things about Nitecore as well. I'll check out those two models you mentioned...thanks!

BTW: You mentioned a database that you can look at criteria. Is this database public?