Long time lurker from Los Angeles

laxref

Newly Enlightened
I've roaming around this forum for a long time and finally decided to post something.

Not a collector, but between knives, guns, and watches, flashlights are an easy fit.

Nothing new or high tech in my small collection. All are now LED except the LaRue which was my first and only designed as an LED light, but I'm still a CR123 guy. No rechargeables. Yet.

The top two 660's have EDC+ XL drop in's. They live on a couple of my carbines.
The C3 is an awesome shade of purple and wears a KL3. That and the Z3 were bought by me way back. The Z3 has a M61 drop in.
The LaRue BattleLight is a heavy beast and can be used as a bat. I have the weapon mount body for it as well. It was my first LED light.
The little E2E Executive was also an old one I dragged around for work. It has a Lumens Factory unit.
The last is a classic 6P also running a Malkoff M61.

OoVGiGM.jpg

rkriDQdh.jpg

The C3 is early, but not that early. Hex bezel but a press in lense (have the original in a drawer). The tailcap is original, but never turned purple like the body. The Z3 also has the old press in lense.
GvRbzuth.jpg

A small little collection that serves me well. Between these and my Malkoff upgraded Maglite's, I'm pretty content but still would like to find a nice deal on a Z2 or C2 .

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Welcome! I moved your post to a discussion forum as it had quite a bit of substance beyond an Introduction. Nice collections!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome and thanks for the images! That's some good ones for sure. Without seeing any closer shots, I would guess that you take good care of your tools but definitely use them. Admiration.
You owe it to yourself to get a Z2 or Oveready equivalent.
Guessing by your stage moniker that you work(ed) at the airport as a referee of sorts?

laxref

Newly Enlightened
No, I'm a part time high school lacrosse official. Nothing to do with LAX except that I do business there on occasion.

I do take care of my gear as much as possible. They all have a nicks and dings here an there.

double_r76

Newly Enlightened
Nice collection!

What kind of mounts do you use for the 660 lights? Pics of the lights mounted might get you bonus points!

laxref

Newly Enlightened
Vltor for both. 1" scout mount on my carbine. Offset mount on my dissipator. I thought had pics of the dissipator, but only have this one of the carbine.
SdthkST.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I think heat will do it. I have some lights and some ano alu tools that have spent a lot of time in hot vehicles and the color has changed.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I figured it had to be heat or UV that did it. Never had one turn myself. Cool