Mechtorch questions

Baggs

Newly Enlightened
Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong section. I am looking into purchasing a Mechforce mechtorch soon, but I have questions about its programmability. I'm just stepping into the world of complex lights so I don't know much about drivers and what not. Can I change this light to come on high with a simple click and low with a hold, etc?? Appreciate any help!

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just a reverse clicky, so no. You'd need an electronic switch for that, and even then most don't support that type of functionality.

The Mechtorch is using the H17f driver, there is a flowchart by ZeroAir floating around that's really handy at explaining it! Just run a Google search, I'm sure it'll come up.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
You could program the Dr Jones (H17f) driver to come pretty close to what you want. It can somewhat easily be programmed to come on "high" and double tap to a "low". Or "high" then "low" as the next level. If the mechtorch comes withe default driver settings then you'd have to remove a couple of the levels (default is 4 levels but you can have as many as 7 or remove em all but one if you want) and then set your remaining levels to whatever you want.