Tough keychain flashlight

FDP

Newly Enlightened
I'm so sick and tired of AAA keychain flashlights that just do not last. I've tried multiple Olight i3e and Maglite Solitaire models. They never make it past 6 months.

Is there anything out there that is made to last? I'm really not hard on my stuff, but somehow they just give up on me.

pilo7448

Enlightened
Surefire Titan......Yup
93bae31f25c8e70ad71c8dd207f4f5c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

FDP

Newly Enlightened
With what I have spent on cheaper lights over the years could have paid for a Titan long time ago.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carried the same fenix L0Dce on my keys for years. It was thrown many times. To this day it functions perfectly only replaced to update to a modern LED. Before that I carried a photon II for many years through some very rough conditions doing tree work and all types of other stuff.

Lately I've been through a couple of keychain lights before I finally found one I like. The lumintop worm was super nice with a heavy duty SS body but it was too heavy and CW. I have been carrying a thrunite ti3 for about 6 months now and am super happy with both the size, tint and durability.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak make a range of keychain lights iwith various metals, emitters and fuel.
Also I. can highly recommend a Prometheus Beta.
All of the above are pretty bombproof.
P

archimedes

Flashaholic
Several quality options, indeed.

Do you have a preferred ...

... price range ?

... output range ?

... material ?

... user interface ?

FDP

Newly Enlightened
Price is not that important, I will pay for something to last.
Output doesn't need to be too high (50-100) range is ok. This light is a filler before I take my EDC out.
Not too fuzzy on material.
I would prefer a AAA model. Mechanical switching is preferred, will consider any UI.

Hope this helps.

The Prometheus looks like a good option.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Price is not that important, I will pay for something to last.
Output doesn't need to be too high (50-100) range is ok. This light is a filler before I take my EDC out.
Not too fuzzy on material.
I would prefer a AAA model. Mechanical switching is preferred, will consider any UI.

Hope this helps....

Peak. You won't break it.

Yes, I agree.

Peak Eiger, in stainless steel, given your additional listed info.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm so sick and tired of AAA keychain flashlights that just do not last. I've tried multiple Olight i3e and Maglite Solitaire models. They never make it past 6 months.

Is there anything out there that is made to last? I'm really not hard on my stuff, but somehow they just give up on me.
I had an LD01SS for almost 10 years that got lost that I miss, replaced it with a lumintop AAA with a clickie switch... black HA and it is about a year old now well worn works good except you have to be a little concerned about accidentally turning it on in your pocket. The advantage of this light is cost. I would love to get another SS light but they are way too expensive and the models and output/modes aren't encouraging at this time. I do like the spacing on this lumintop and a 120 lumen high is definitely huge for me going from 80 lumens on my LD01 it makes a lot of difference but the TIR optic is good and bad you lose throw but for short ranges the flood is very useful and you don't have to worry about scratching a glass lens in you pocket.

Vemice

Enlightened
Second on the Peak Eiger. The Mule in aluminum makes a great keychain light.
myiJO3tl.jpg

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak. You won't break it.

Not 100% true. I have had the QTC pill go bad on me. Peak is a a great light, I just wish they would offer something with a more traditional UI. I'd 100% get an EIger or Logan but I want more than one mode and I do NOT like QTC.

boo5ted

Enlightened
RovyVon A4Ti, on my keychain for the last 8 months or so. Use it everyday with zero issues.

49965377827_d299c013bc_z.jpg

pilo7448

Enlightened
Boo5ted.. Good to know, I just got the A2 ss for my new Keychain light, I was curious how it going to hold up.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
I bought 2 16yo Peak McKinley's last week and kept one in stainless. Both work just as well as they did back in 2004, not a bad way to spend your money.

FDP

Newly Enlightened
That Imalent is huge! They call it a keychain light because you can chain your keys to it