RCR123A / 16340 Recomendations for Sunwayman V11R

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I wonder if I may once again tire a few of you guys patience with another newbie question.

I've repeatedly looked it up and am still confused. I don't need the best just safe, reliable and reputable hopefully.

I've got:
2 - Sunwayman Revolution V11R's
1 -Olight H1R CREE XM-L2 (Headlamp)
1 - Quark QPLC
and an Arc LSH-S 921

For a charger I just bought a Nitecore D4 from the Nitecore store at Amazon.

For Batteries I currently have Olight 3.7v 650mAh RCR123a's That I bought on Amazon.

So I've read repeatedly here not to buy rechargeable batteries on Amazon. But for reasons I understand nobody here posts reputable dealer recommendations thus my search today.

I really only use my Sunwaymans and the Olight (headlamp) mainly for work (electrician) and I keep a spare battery taped up in my pocket (for those special times buried in some catastrophic cave it total soul crushing darkness when I desperately need it).

=========================

The question:
How does a "Fenix ARB-L16-700-Rechargeable 16340" sound? From the Fenixlighting.com online store?

Any other recommendations, reputable dealers anyone want to chance?

=========================

Thanks
Marc

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
The Olight and Fenix 16340s are very good quality cells. On HKJ battery comparison, the Fenix is one of the highest ranking one's. They will work fine. The highest performance and highest capacity 16340 on the Market is the Vapcell 16340. But they do not have a protection circuit like the Olight and Fenix, meaning, those have a safety feature that cuts the battery off if it gets too low in voltage, due to cells becoming damaged if done so. The Vapcell does not have this. Not a big deal as long as you watch what you are doing, but for someone newer to Liion cells, I recommend just using the Olight and Fenix cells. The marginal difference isn't worth the risk of overdischaging them accidently.

Last edited:

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks DoR. Protected cells is what I always look for.
I think that I'll stock up from the Fenix store.

Thanks again.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks DoR. Protected cells is what I always look for.
I think that I'll stock up from the Fenix store.

Thanks again.

I've got two V11Rs and an M11R and don't bother with protected cells, preferring IMR high drain chemistries.

VapeCell has some decent ones out, which were in my last shipment.

Chris