Centurion

carlo210

Newly Enlightened
I just scored my first ever Surefire C2 Centurion in stock form. Not my first Surefire but the C2 is a classic. I need advise on what to do with the C2. Thanks.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Keep it incandescent or go LED?

Incandescent route, you can run a two 16340's along with some 9V bulbs like the P90 or Lumens Factory bulbs. 3.7V bulbs exist for running a single 16650.

Or, you can do what everybody else does, and drop a Malkoff in there.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing that says Surefire more than a Malkoff drop in. Add a stainless steel bezel and get a 16650 rechargeable Li-ion cell and you get this...

L3NcOPX.jpg

Or you can go really crazy and bore out the body for an 18650 cell and get one of Vinh's dropins. Not as practical as a Malkoff or other dropins like from EDC+, but it sure will make you say, "how is this even possible".

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
For actual use I'd go either malkoff or lumens factory led drop in. I have an LF with the nichia 319 which I really like. I'm running my C2 with a M61NL and my C3 is set up with a 2AA sleeve and M31W.

For more of a fun light running incan on a rechargeable cell would be great!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of these are good ideas. I use to think that stainless steel bezel rings were just fashion, until a C3 took a fall and landed bezel down on something hard. Fortunately the bezel wasn't irreparably deformed. The steel bezel rings help protect your bezel from deforming too much. Place the bezel lens-side-down in very shallow, simmering water for a few minutes, pull it out wearing gloves, and then use your bezel removal tool to remove the ABS lens retaining ring. Lumens Factory just came out with a really slick bezel removal tool.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
If carlo decides to go high performance, is the stock switch up to snuff?.

Its just a solid piece of aluminum. Spring would be the possible weak link but I have no idea what they can handle. McClicky is a nice upgrade.

laxref

Newly Enlightened
I have a few Malkoff M61's and I love them as a GP light with long run times in my 9 volt C3 and Z3, but I put an EDC+ X60LT in my Z2 and it's a thrower for a CR123 powered light.

Last edited:

325addict

Enlightened
Keep it an incan!! Try to get a SureFire P90 incan D26 dropin, and use two RCR123 (16340) li-ion cells for guilt-free Lumens. if that effort fails, go for one of the many LumensFactory options. This will tur this little light into something very useful and it's very satisfying to use it. This way modified, it will become one of your favorite lights, mark my words :)