My PrincetonTec Attitude and Arc AAA arived today!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Joy! I placed my order on the Web Sunday night and got it in the mail today. Thanks, BrightGuy and Priority mail for such a fast turnaround. I'm going caving this weekend in W VA (OTR) and figured there was no way I'd get my new lights in time.

The Arc is a great light, I'm really impressed with the quality and brightness. Peter put a lot of thought into this light, rather than just producing another "me too" light. It's brighter than my Photon and I even put new batteries in the photon last week. I never intended to buy another single LED light, but after stumbling across the great reviews on Brock's page I followed all the links until I descovered Craigs page and this website. Also Peter has a great website with lots of information and links about his product. I wish other websites had this much info. If Arc ofers this in a silver finish I'm going to order another one and maybe some more as gifts, saving the best one for myself of course
wink.gif

The "Attitude" is Princeton Tec's new 3 white LED light housed inside a Rage body. It's a scortcher too, puts the Matrix to shame. Not a whole lot of info on there web page but check it out here. http://www.ptsportlights.com/outdoor_attitude.html
Hold on a second while I compare it to the Petzl Tikka.

OK I'm Back:
I didn't have enough new AAA alkaline batteries to go around so the Attitude gets NiMh and the Tikka gets Walmart brand Alkalines. Even with rechargable batteries the Attitude is a bit brighter. Of course it does have one extra battery. The one I bought has a green translucent case which glows when the light is on. Cool looking at first but kind of annoying if your using it in your hand. Since this will be mounted on my helmet it won't be a problem and my caving buddies will be able to spot me from behind.

Anyway you can get them both at Bright Guy which I'm am very satisfied with! (This is not a paid advertisement and I am not affiliated with Bright guy in any way, but I will gladly accept bribes (say another Arc.) I think it's cool they charge actual shipping costs!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you crack the Attitude open (figuratively, of course
smile.gif
) and see if they are using resistors in the circuit? If so, what are the values (just the stripe colors will do) and if there is 1 resistor for all 3 leds or one on each? Thanks much!

Smigel

Newly Enlightened
I received my Princeton Attitude the other day . It appears to have a single 15 ohm resistor in it. The current draw at 6 volts(4 aaa batteries) is 160 ma. At 4.5 volts it measures 75 ma. I like it because it is waterproof and it is sold at a good price ($17.75). It is not quite as bright as a batonlight with new batteries but is as bright as a batonlight which has 1 or 2 hours on it.

funk

Enlightened
I got mine as well. I really like it. Nice strong beam - there is no resistor though - thus the great price.

As for the TurtleLite 2 - I would wait for the Impact to make a real comparison.... Based on the sample that I saw 2 weeks ago - the Impact blows it away, and when you add the advantages of Princeton's construction, well.....

Spork

Enlightened
anymore news on the attitude? when can we order the impact? princetons site doesn't list much info for the impact. the turtlelite 2 i just ordered is my new favorite light outside of my arc, only thing i dont like about is its made in china
frown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got one today, and the very first thing I did was fumble with & drop it while taking it out of the package...

I can't say it made a very nice sound when it hit the floor (a hollow, plasticky noise like when you drop a kazoo), but there's no visible damage.

More on the Attitude later.

Rich N

Newly Enlightened
I just saw that new P.T. Attitude on B.G. today and am curious if it uses a PR base bulb?...I'd guess not but if so that would be a terrific value.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich N:
I just saw that new P.T. Attitude on B.G. today and am curious if it uses a PR base bulb?...I'd guess not but if so that would be a terrific value.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, it uses a custom-made LED module & bezel assembly.

I just put up a preliminary page at http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/attitude.htm if you are interested.
It's not a bad light, but I wasn't totally blown away by it. If the price is right, I'd buy it. The light has a tidy appearance and a usefully compact size & shape. Good to toss in the camping bag or toolbox, and it's waterproof enough to withstand any depth a person could in an accidental dunking.

Brightness is comparable to an Eternalight on its second-highest setting, but the Attitude has a noticeably bluer tint.