Brandless LEP Thrower

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened
I own an Unbranded LEPvn. I also own 5 other LEP lights to compare to, an Acebeam W30vn, Jetbeam M1Xvn, Weltool W3vn, Acebeam W10(V2)vn, and a Fenix TK30 LEP (Stock). The Acebeam W30vn is in a league of its own. The other larger head light, the Jetbeam M1Xvn is also a strong thrower with a pencil beam. Comparing the smaller headed lights (Weltool W3vn, Acebeam W10(V2)vn, and Fenix TK30, the Acebeam W10(V2)vn stands out. It has a larger, more intense hotspot than any of the other smaller headed lights (and a larger hotspot than any of the LEPs I own). The Weltool W3vn and Fenix TK30 are very similar to each other in hotspot size and intensity. This brings us to the Unbranded LEPvn. The head size is somewhere between the smaller headed and larger headed lights I just described. It has a hot spot size and intensity roughly equal to the Weltool W3vn and Fenix TK30 - at least to my eyes. These are my observations, not measured comparisons. The fact that the Unbranded LEPvn runs on 26650 battery gives it some really decent run time with a 5000 mAh battery. The digital display looks quality. The display shows you mode you are in (Regular single mode beam, or Flashing), and it shows current battery voltage and percentage, and even can show temperature in Celsius. When charging the display shows battery status in percentage. When the light was fully charged at 100% I took the battery out and tested it with a multimeter and it read exactly 4.20V. The on board USB-C charging port is a very important feature for me. And what was really not expected but a huge pleasant surprise was it has an additional USB port which can be used as a Power Bank and charge your cell phone or whatever. All this in a "Budget" LEP light. Bottom line is if you are looking to purchase your first LEP I don't think you will be disappointed in this one. Nothing about it screams "Budget". And when you purchase it from SkyLumen, Vinh backs it with his warranty, so the fact that it doesn't have a well known brand name written on it doesn't really matter with Vinh's outstanding Customer Service. No beamshots, sorry.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own an Unbranded LEPvn. I also own 5 other LEP lights to compare to, an Acebeam W30vn, Jetbeam M1Xvn, Weltool W3vn, Acebeam W10(V2)vn, and a Fenix TK30 LEP (Stock). The Acebeam W30vn is in a league of its own. The other larger head light, the Jetbeam M1Xvn is also a strong thrower with a pencil beam. Comparing the smaller headed lights (Weltool W3vn, Acebeam W10(V2)vn, and Fenix TK30, the Acebeam W10(V2)vn stands out. It has a larger, more intense hotspot than any of the other smaller headed lights (and a larger hotspot than any of the LEPs I own). The Weltool W3vn and Fenix TK30 are very similar to each other in hotspot size and intensity. This brings us to the Unbranded LEPvn. The head size is somewhere between the smaller headed and larger headed lights I just described. It has a hot spot size and intensity roughly equal to the Weltool W3vn and Fenix TK30 - at least to my eyes. These are my observations, not measured comparisons. The fact that the Unbranded LEPvn runs on 26650 battery gives it some really decent run time with a 5000 mAh battery. The digital display looks quality. The display shows you mode you are in (Regular single mode beam, or Flashing), and it shows current battery voltage and percentage, and even can show temperature in Celsius. When charging the display shows battery status in percentage. When the light was fully charged at 100% I took the battery out and tested it with a multimeter and it read exactly 4.20V. The on board USB-C charging port is a very important feature for me. And what was really not expected but a huge pleasant surprise was it has an additional USB port which can be used as a Power Bank and charge your cell phone or whatever. All this in a "Budget" LEP light. Bottom line is if you are looking to purchase your first LEP I don't think you will be disappointed in this one. Nothing about it screams "Budget". And when you purchase it from SkyLumen, Vinh backs it with his warranty, so the fact that it doesn't have a well known brand name written on it doesn't really matter with Vinh's outstanding Customer Service. No beamshots, sorry.

that seams a bit odd considering Vinh measured the brandless LEP at 1.2 million cd and the W3vn and TK30 are nowhere near that.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Brandless LEP are being shipped to me today. Less delay than I thought:)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Finally got my Brandless LEP thrower
Bottom left is the W10vnV2, Top is the Maxtoch L2k LEP, and the Bottom right is the Brandless LEP. My throw measurement are as follow.

W10vnV2: 632kcd
Brandless LEP: 1.21MCD
Maxtoch L2k LEP: 2.089 MCD

As you can see the Brandless LEP has double the Lux of the W10vnV2 and the Maxtoch L2k has double the lux of the Brandless LEP. You had stated the Brandless LEP has an intensity equal to the weltool and fenix with the W10VN V2 having a larger and more intense hotspot. I am wondering if you received a very underspec sample because my Brandless LEP is clearly more intense then my W10vnV2. I took a low exposure shot of all three lights at 30 feet shining them on a white wall to show the intensity difference. I will say even thought the W10vn V2 cant beat the larger lep lights it defiantly has the most output.

20200817_235507 by Alex Littig, on Flickr