Surefire 2004

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if anyone has confirmed it yet, probably. But I ordered the 2004 catalog off their site and I got it in 5 days. (Pictured 2002, 2003, 2004, 199x catalogs) It's a seperate hobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif
catalog.JPG

There are lots of pictures. Anyway, in it's current level woule you guys/gals want to see more digital regulation or what? Is the added cost worth it for you? For ex. $60 for an E2e or $150 for an A2. (I know the A2 is not fair because of the LEDs but its the best comparable regulated incandescent)

Would you buy a digitally regulated E2e for $125?

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Would you buy a digitally regulated E2e for $125?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But I did buy a digitally regulated L4 for about the same price. Why go incans regulated for that price when there are LEDs?

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
Because the E2e throws more. Tighter beam. I like both but sometimes the L4 just does not have the reach. Sometimes I want the flood of the L4. I don't want to debate LED vs Incandescent here because there is no "right" answer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm talking an A2, without LEDs and a clickie tailcap (no dual stage of course without the LEDs)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I would love to see a regulated PM6 tweaked for maximum output, perhaps 30-40 minutes RT. Imagine that super-penetrating beam steady on for more than 30 minutes.

Brightnorm

14C

Enlightened
I might buy another L4 for $ 100.00 US but not an E2....unless I see something spectacular...I love my D2 and D3 but I would pay for regulated LED lights...and I guess I will with the U2....sigh...

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
The U2 is HUGE compared with the E2e though. I think that is the problem with current LEDs. It needs a deep reflector to get the throw. (like the SF L6).

I would much rather see an one between the A2 and E2e size, regulated incandescent. An LED light that small could not have the throw (ex. L4).

I love LEDs, and I own lots of them but I can't carry them because the ones that provide the tight beam I like are so huge. Thus incandescents still get more use around here.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
The added cost of a regulated incandescent is worth it to me so I'd pay the extra. Since the advent of the A2 most of my other incandescents are idle w/the exception of the more specialized greater throwing lights like the M6 and 12ZM.