Fenix E01 V2 ?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
15 lumens on high and a bit more user friendly shaping.

And 8 bucks if you pay regular price for the E05.

I liked the E05 in that you did have a choice of higher output if desired. Plus that one had a better beam. But from what I understand it's solid regulation that did not disingsge once volts got below X meant sudden darkness rather than dimming. Hopefully this V2 will allow it to fall out of regulation.
Being potted or not? PWM or not? CRI? Others can sort that out as those things won't make or break my decision to purchase a few.

Thanx for the info GB. Pre-order for a black one done.

Last edited:

CSG

Newly Enlightened
I had 4 of the original E01's but one went belly up when I left a Kirkland AAA battery in it for too long. I tried everything to fix it and finally gave up. I see this new version likes Ni-mh batteries best (according to the manual I found online). That's good because I have a decent stash of Eneloops that I use for other flashlights, radios, and some Streamlight Seige AA lanterns we use for power outages and camping.

I had a discount code so ordered 3 from the website for about $31 shipped. The black ones are *supposed* to ship Monday. Hope they are at least as good as the originals. I like the power modes and claimed runtime on these.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Looks more like the LD01 to me with a lower low and higher mid and high. I would go for this light if they made a SS or titanium version as I already have a lumintop AAA that has a higher high mode at 120 lumens but the clicky switch is a mixed bag IMO.

CSG

Newly Enlightened
Mine are also on the way. I have three working E01's and like them very much. It would have been nice to have them reintroduced as they were. I have three of the new ones and three of the E05's coming. At $12.95 each minus the *newmember2020* discount, free shipping, and no sales tax, I'm good with risking $10.32 per flashlight. That said, these are daypack flashlights. I use a Nitecore Tube V2 on my keychains and have a couple oLight i3T EOS's as an EDC.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I like the look and a nice power LED for a better beam but I agree, it should have stayed a low output single mode light. There are loads of 3 mode twisty AAA lights out there already. That said I'll probably still get one since there's always uses for AAA lights. :sigh:

busseguy

Enlightened
I like the look and a nice power LED for a better beam but I agree, it should have stayed a low output single mode light. There are loads of 3 mode twisty AAA lights out there already. That said I'll probably still get one since there's always uses for AAA lights. :sigh:

Do you think this will have the same beam pattern as the E05?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Do you think this will have the same beam profile as the E05?
I don't have an E05 but I think it uses an optic while the E01V2 uses a reflector which means the E01V2 will throw a lot better while the E05 has a better floody beam. As I use my keychain light mostly for close up tasks (within 6 feet or so) throw is less of an issue for me.

busseguy

Enlightened
I don't have an E05 but I think it uses an optic while the E01V2 uses a reflector which means the E01V2 will throw a lot better while the E05 has a better floody beam. As I use my keychain light mostly for close up tasks (within 6 feet or so) throw is less of an issue for me.

Thank you for the info.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

The E01 V2 uses an optic too, but it doesn't appear to be diffused like the E05.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The E01 V2 uses an optic too, but it doesn't appear to be diffused like the E05.
I guess I didn't look closely enough as there is no picture that shows the business end of the light well only a side view that at a glance looked clear. The can make optics that throw better than reflectors but most often they reduce side spill too much making for a moon beam. I would rather have a decent amount of spill or diffused on a keychain light than a moon beam as I have my light attached to my keys and spill from my light dangling is enough to see the hole but without spill it probably be not as useful in that effort.
I'm going to wait for a review from someone before I consider this light and maybe they will come out with a limited SS version so I can replace my LD01SS that I lost.

nbp

Flashaholic
SS would be very cool. I wish I had never sold my LD01 in SS. One of those dumb moves as a flashaholic when you're trying to raise funds for something else.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
SS would be very cool. I wish I had never sold my LD01 in SS. One of those dumb moves as a flashaholic when you're trying to raise funds for something else.
It was a very well made light but the mode spacing wasn't very useful and the high was supposed to be 80 or 85 but was probably closer to 65 I think. I like the spacing on my lumintop but it isn't nearly as bulletproof well worn now anodizing. My LD01 looked as good as the day I got it as the scratches on it are invisible and I kept a chapstick cap over the business end to keep junk off the glass lens it looked brand new too.