ArmyTek        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fenix E01 V2 ?

Default Re: Fenix E01 V2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by fenix1 View Post
    The results we produced have gone through thousands of tests, it is obvious we no need to lie about the output and any other specifications. But the different environments and the actually used battery may cause difference. The Fenix didn't lie and won't forever. If you are interested in the product, you need to trust the brand.
    Fenix, thank you for commenting in this thread. I find this little light to be a decent little tool, and was happy that it survived the washer/dryer Ďtestí. I may put it through a rock tumbler, a test that killed several other AAA lights...and a test that the original Fenix E01 survived - and actually won the challenge, based on my subjective measurements. You can find that challenge here.

The original E01 endeared itself to many in this community for its quirky beam, ridiculous runtime, and absolutely bullet proof performance. It wasnít bright, the beam was ugly, but if you needed a reliable backup light you could always count on it. Several companies tried to copy it and a few did a decent job, but none could match the character of the original. If. a person wants multi level, blinky, flame thrower, etc. etc. etc., there are almost endless choices.

But for those of us who want a simple, reliable, inexpensive, virtually guaranteed NOT TO FAIL light, the E01 was it.

Now, the E01 V2 is a nice little light. I decided to leave my Tana Triple Haiku at home today - was planning to carry it - and chose to carry this little V2 instead to have an understanding of how well it will serve my needs in a normal day. After all, it does have a nice, white beam, itís light as a feather, and it has plenty of brightness. It may be superior to the original in several ways, but.....

Speaking of brightness, if your results with your battery were as published (and I have no reason to doubt you), why not include the battery that netted those results? As Scout24 said, we are all interested in maximizing performance. If it means upping the price a bit, no worries.

But thatís not what the E01 was about to its devotees. No, it was about having a little backup, or backups, scattered around the house, car, plane, boat, whatever, that could be relied on. Perhaps this new E01 will prove to be reliable - I hope so - and Fenix is known for producing reliable lights. It suffered only a bit of ano wear in the washer/dryer.

But itís not an E01 in the original sense. Maybe you should have called it an E02?

Last edited by run4jc; 08-21-2020 at 07:59 AM.

The E01 was such legend, that out of all the Fenix lights produced, I had to have one.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

After 13 days of trouser pocket with coins, a knife and ear plug case and zero blemishes on the finish.

Some lights I've carried showed wear by then. Especially at the right angles. Not shown in the photo are two dings at the tailcap where I tossed it about 10' into the air and it landed on a concrete sidewalk.

I left it in a cup of water overnight this past weekend with no issues.

Battery life? Hard to know since it only gets used in short periods and usually on low using the supplied battery.
    John 3:16

Boy, some of you guys go through a lot for a $13 flashlight...

The Hair Apparent:
    Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post

CSG- Whatever you do, don't search "Tumbler of Death" or "E01 torture test"... Bwahahaha...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    CSG- Whatever you do, don't search "Tumbler of Death" or "E01 torture test"... Bwahahaha...
    Don't worry, I won't. They're just flashlights...

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    Don't worry, I won't. They're just flashlights...

Quote Originally Posted by Darvis View Post

For the love of God Fenix, make a single mode AA twisty like the old e01.. please, PLEASE!!!

* YES, PLEASE * ! ! !

I myself would indeed LOVE an AA cell version
    of the single mode twisty E01 light !

_
    Last edited by Burgess; 08-21-2020 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I misunderstood !

Please Fenix, Launch this In India

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Run4JC - That was such a great summary for the Fenix folks, and really encouraging to see them reading this thread. They'll sell a bajillion of these I'm sure.. probably a decent light, but I agree, it's not the e01... they will not get my business on this one; but that's my issue and not theirs.

I'll be watching for the refresh that should have been... better tint with the newest tech for even better runtime or slightly more output... gotta tailstand, gotta be one level, gotta keep dreaming! There's always Peak, but they're just not in the price point.

The challenge is out there for the rest of the players... 7777/Prometheus??? Come on!! I'd buy it!!

Flashaholic*

Run4jc, Going from a Tana triple Haiku to a $13 Chinese light makes me wonder what's your daily flashlight needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Darvis View Post
    gotta tailstand, gotta be one level
    The Sofirn C01, single mode, with 5mm High CRI LED is going to be reissued.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Run4jc, Going from a Tana triple Haiku to a $13 Chinese light makes me wonder what's your daily flashlight needs?
    That's a fair question! Working in an office, I have to find things to use them for...but mostly giving better illumination to small print that my 62 year old eyes can't make out!

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    mostly giving better illumination to small print that my 62 year old eyes can't make out!
    same
    started with an E01 so I could read labels in the supermarket

then graduated to 3 mode copper aaa Maratac w Nichia

the new aaa Fenix is moving in a similar direction, at least as far as number of modes, if not High CRI

The beauty of the Sofirn C01, is it not only does what the orginal E01 does, single mode 5mm LED with tailstanding, it adds High CRI, same as the McGizmo Sapphire. Plus the C01 adds a reversible, hatlamp/pocket clip, and a tritium slot ;-)...
    Last edited by jon_slider; 08-22-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    jon- I was checking that out!!! Definitely going to give it a go...

WHAT ? ? ?

Sofirn C01 gonna' be Re-Issued ? ? ?

Details, please !

PLEASE be available on Amazon this time ! ! !

_

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    That's a fair question! Working in an office, I have to find things to use them for...but mostly giving better illumination to small print that my 62 year old eyes can't make out!
    Yeah me too Run,, my 69 yrs old eyesight gets fuzzy at times (:

^^ I'd be in for a couple Sofrin

When...where?? Please PM me all the details you have....I need moar !
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

same
    started with an E01 so I could read labels in the supermarket

then graduated to 3 mode copper aaa Maratac w Nichia

the new aaa Fenix is moving in a similar direction, at least as far as number of modes, if not High CRI

The beauty of the Sofirn C01, is it not only does what the orginal E01 does, single mode 5mm LED with tailstanding, it adds High CRI, same as the McGizmo Sapphire. Plus the C01 adds a reversible, hatlamp/pocket clip, and a tritium slot ;-)...
    Thanks for the info! I was blissfully unaware. Iíll have to pick up a few of the C01s!

Quote Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
    When...where?? Please PM me all the details you have....I need moar !

Anyone get this info yet?? I couldn't find one, even on their website....

Probably it would be good to bump a Sofirn thread and continue that discussion there and leave this one for the topic of the E01 V2. Thanks.

Copy that, will do!

Three mode twisty that canít tail stand. Why would Fenix call this an EO1, because itís not. Poor form Fenix. I wonít be buying any. However I was lucky enough to scoop up three new, original EO1ís recently from a local vendor.
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123