Malkoff        

Thread: A lurker joins in!

Default A lurker joins in!

Hi guys,
    As a LED / flashlight nut, I've been lurking these forums for a couple of years, and eventually decided to join today.

Though friends call me a guru, I recognise I'm in the bottom lower-half here, if I compare my knowledge to many of you masters.

I'm fond of both cheap junky chinese LED flashlight, always hoping to find an unexpected Holy Grail among all that garbage,
    And I'm mostly a Fenix brand fan, with a few models in my collection.

I'm always geeking with modding and converting old flashlights and lanterns to LEDs and 18650 rechargeable cells, and I've achieved some good results with that.

See you aboard!

Default Re: A lurker joins in!

Welcome!
    Hopefully you will share some of your experiences.
    Although it certainly occurs here at CPF regularly, we can try not to disparage any country regardless of our personal experiences or beliefs. There are good people in every country, and it just seems they deserve respect. One suggestion, you probably meant no offense.

welcome! Although i do prefer to buy american (malkoff first!), i have several made in china lights i’m very fond of. Reylight makes some great stuff, convoy, and emisar have some great products. I always favor buying american made but if a comparable product is designed and manufactured well i won’t discount them. Figure out what you like and enjoy, you won’t be judged here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Now go buy some HDS, Malkoff, Oveready, McGizmo and many more!!
    • 2700k 219C HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS Clicky • 4500k 219B HDS (Bare Al) Rotary •
    • 5700k (High Noon) HDS Clicky • 6200k XP-G2 Orange HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr •
    • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 • 4500k XPL RD BOSS •

Thanks for welcoming guys!

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Welcome!
    There are good people in every country, and it just seems they deserve respect. One suggestion, you probably meant no offense.
    Yup, thanks for the advice.
    I meant no offense at all.
    In my country (Italy) we have a proverb: "if he despises, he then purchases".
    I know cultural difference can create incidents and misunderstandings, and since in Italian culture being direct is considered a more honest behaviour than behaving untruthfully respectful, we are often educated to speak our minds.

That said, with "junk" and "garbage" I just mean that kind of lovely cheap-made flashlight and gear that I buy by the dozens but would never consider using for SHTF situations.

Again, thanks for your advice. I'll be more careful in the future
    Last edited by Alabama_Man; 08-02-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Well said sir. Cheap junk that works can satisfy in its own way, yes? Thanks for not tagging me as preachy.

Welcome Alabama_man
    Curious about your user name because you are from Italy. Do you like Alabama US ?
    It is good with flashlights to get some of the low cost models to figure what you like and dislike. China has a lot to offer in lights from junk ones to high quality ones. I don’t think you will find junk lights in made in US because it costs too much to manufacture them here.
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Minescence View Post
    Welcome Alabama_man
    Curious about your user name because you are from Italy. Do you like Alabama US ?
    It is good with flashlights to get some of the low cost models to figure what you like and dislike. China has a lot to offer in lights from junk ones to high quality ones. I don’t think you will find junk lights in made in US because it costs too much to manufacture them here.
    Well, I spent a few seasons teaching in the US, and got in love with the Southern states and their history.

But actually my nickname comes from an old and very politically uncorrect sketch in the South Park show- and since I look a lot like the Alabama Man guy, friends often made puns on that
    "Knowing is half the battle."

Flashaholic

Now that you have revealed the origin of your nickname, where is your home in Italy? Many forum members have enjoyed holidays spent eating their way across the Italian countryside...whereabouts are you?

Dolomites Rule! (Never been there but want to)
    If Italia is still like it was in the '70s, the people are great, especially if you try to speak their language (but they like to honk their horn a lot)
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 08-06-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Hi and Welcome!