MagCharger vs Tigerlight

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks.
Anybody has following informations of both flashlights as a comparison?
1-Brightness and throw
2-Usefull run time
3-charging time
4-Sizes. Head diameter, barrel inside diameter and length
5-battery sizes. Diameter and length
6-weight
7-Bulb type, wattage and life
8-Best prices in States
9-***

Photoes are also appreciated
Thanks a lot.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
S4MadMan has recently done some very comprehensive comparos. A quick search on his name in the Modified and Reviews forums will turn up these excellent threads.

Wilkey

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello V.H.,

The MagCharger may be able to throw a bit of light further than the TigerLight,

But in my opinion, TigerLights rule the night!!!

As Wilkey said, a search will find you lots of information and beamshots.

Tom

coloradotim

Newly Enlightened
If I remember right, S4MadMan's MagCharger was modified with high performance batteries and a high ouput bulb. If you're talking about comparing unmodified lights, though, the Tigerlight kicks the MagCharger's butt.

I have a TigerLight and my neighbor has a MagCharger. When we took out lights out one night, my TL outthrew his MC and put out noticably more light. Since then, though, I ordered a Welch/Allyn (or however you spell that) bulb and gave it to him, and now his light is brighter than mine. We haven't done any formal run time tests, but from what I've read here, with the WA bulb, my neighbor should now get half (or less) of the run time of my TL.

If I were to do it again, I'd still get the Tigerlight. My FBOP model is substantially smaller than the MC, it offers a terrific balance of brightness, throw, and run time. Now if they'd just give me a fast charger so it didn't take hours to recharge, that would be just about perfect.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello ColoradoTim,

I solved the slow charge issue by getting another TigerLight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mag with the newer bulb will outthrow the Tigerlight, but only if it is focused to it's smallest spot. The Tigerlight has a higher light output, and at any closer range is "better." The Mag doesn't out throw the Tigerlight by any fantastic amount, but it is noticeable. However there are many advantages to the TL. Size, weight, a nicer beam that is better at closer ranges than the spotty, or ringy Mag beam. Maybe a case of getting whichever one you have the greatest need for. Max range with a much narrower beam, then the Mag, for a more general purpose light, the Tigerlight. The Mag is easier to mod though, adding better batteries (Powerstream are just a drop in I believe), and if you can find them, the Welch Allyn bulbs are a tremendous hop up. the Powerstream batteries should bring the Mag back to normal run time with the Welch Allyn bulb IIRC. Or you could just get both of them of course.
I am impressed with how light the Tigerlight is. I'm hoping that they'll make one that has a removable OC section, so that I could get one and add or remove hte OC cannister as needed. Something like a FBOP model with a removeable tailcap so that I could screw in the OC holder. That would be nice.