NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Recommended light for Emergency use ( lost in desert or SOS )

Help Recommended light for Emergency use ( lost in desert or SOS )

hi everyone,

First, I want to thank you all for all this useful advice on this forum. I'm new to Flashlight world but I did my homework well.

My needs :
    my main use on the flashlight on emergencies, usually I'm camping in the desert outside without network signal. I have several hand flashlight which can cover the daily use. I need something strong and have adjustable beam with the high build quality, if I lost I can use it. regarding the batteries and sizes, I don't actually care but i dont want it to be Very BIG XD . I found several options ( Led Lenser x21, M18 ) but I don't know that well. my price range 100-300$ Max.

Sorry for my bad English

thanks a lot for your help

Default Re: Recommended light for Emergency use ( lost in desert or SOS )

whichever host you end up buying, I`d probably go with the hotest color temp you can 6500K and upwards, the cooler colors towards the red (2700k-4000K) wont show up so good amongst the sand whereas a more Blue tint will.
    perhaps even consider taking a laser with you as well
    Last edited by Katherine Alicia; 08-06-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Alicia View Post
    whichever host you end up buying, I`d probably go with the hotest color temp you can 6500K and upwards, the cooler colors towards the red (2700k-4000K) wont show up so good amongst the sand whereas a more Blue tint will.
    perhaps even consider taking a laser with you as well

Your right , I will go with 5000k-6500k

Flashaholic*

Depending on whether you camp regularly or occasionally you may want to get a used iridium 9505a satphone and rent a sim card for the period you need. You would not much exceed a few hundred $, and it is much more versatile in real emergency

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    Depending on whether you camp regularly or occasionally you may want to get a used iridium 9505a satphone and rent a sim card for the period you need. You would not much exceed a few hundred $, and it is much more versatile in real emergency
    Great idea I will consider it , thanks alot

Flashaholic*

What about a roughly 1,000 Lumen STROBE mode that will last >168 hours (indeed, a full WEEK day and night!) on a single 3500mAh 18650? If this appeals to you: don't look any further than the Nitecore SRT7 in its latest incarnation. This one has everything you may ever need: from 0.2 Lumens to over 1000, comfortably and steplessly(!) selectable by turning the selector ring. With this single ring, you can select all modes, from strobe to red / green / blue, normal light 0.2 - 1000+ Lumens, and that beacon. A truly all-purpose light of high quality and dependability. It has a forward clicky switch at the back and is able to tailstand. What do you want more?