Privacy Lock on Spare Bedroom?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to sound stupid but I'm going to ask anyway.

I just located a source to replace some worn out bath/bedroom locks in my house with a matching style. I figure that I'll redo the master and all of the bathrooms but the spare bedroom doesn't have a privacy lock.

Since only adults will be using the spare room on occasion should I go through the motion of adding a new lock or leave the original unlockable knob on the door.

Dear Abby, I need your help.

Marty

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I think it would give your guests the feeling of "privacy" and would be a good thing to do. They may not use even use the lock, but why not at least go ahead and do it, shouldn't cost that much more.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
It's pretty much a standard and expected in homes to have doorknobs that lock on all bedrooms and bathrooms, with the kind that unlock on the outside by sticking a wire coathanger into a hole (no keys). The doorknobs that don't lock are used mainly for closets, pantrys, or other "public" room with an interior door. The knobs usually are under $10 each, of course this is without knowing if you really are buying some gold-plated custom model or not.