Acebeam        
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

  1. #1
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    I wanted to get this when Dan first announced, and was so happy he still had one last 85W Spotlight out of the 10 he made. Should have it next week!

    Thanks also to Karlthev for his feedback and glowing praise. I didnít get the larger SP head as it added a lot to the cost and makes the light very front heavy.
    Last edited by LuxLuthor; 08-07-2020 at 01:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,582

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    WHAT. Were these even advertised? Nice. I hope to see some feedback on this one when you have time.
    ampdude

  3. #3
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Dan recently mentioned one the other thread that he had one left. This may have been their spare in case a replacement was needed.

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* XeRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ogden, Utah
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    WHAT. Were these even advertised? Nice. I hope to see some feedback on this one when you have time.
    These were advertised back in mid 2018 (all delivered in late 2018), search for the "ULTRA 85" thread. Only 10 numbered units were made 1-10/10 this was unit #5 the only one left.
    We still have a spare 40/85W ballast encase of any future issues with these limited edition units.
    In the last year I had mentioned a few times in related threads we still had 1 unit left.
    These will never be produced again.
    the normal wattage for these XV-LX70 units is 50/70.
    Last edited by XeRay; 08-07-2020 at 05:20 PM.

  5. #5
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Where there ever comparison beamshots vs the Polarion and Barn Burner? I thought that was the all time best name for a light. Barnburner!!!

  6. #6
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Just got my Lemax 85W from Dan, and this far exceeds my expectations. The craftsmanship, attention to details, and performance are really incredible. The weight and balance of this standard model is great. I can now see why it costs this much because this is like a high-end military grade spotlight with superb manufacturing and functionality.

    The only thing that caught me off guard was I had assumed at this wattage that Dan had used the Philips DL-50 Fatboy bulb, but it is not. I sent him a question about that, but he may see this post and can say why. In any case with how everything is built and performing, it blows me away, and Iím not easily impressed. Honestly, my opinion now looking at it, I would say it is underpriced by $1,000-1500.

    I would never think about selling it for less than $3500, thatís for sure.

    Iíll know more when it gets dark, but wanted to post my first impressions.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* XeRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ogden, Utah
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Just got my Lemax 85W from Dan, and this far exceeds my expectations. The craftsmanship, attention to details, and performance are really incredible. The weight and balance of this standard model is great. I can now see why it costs this much because this is like a high-end military grade spotlight with superb manufacturing and functionality.

    The only thing that caught me off guard was I had assumed at this wattage that Dan had used the Philips DL-50 Fatboy bulb, but it is not. I sent him a question about that, but he may see this post and can say why. In any case with how everything is built and performing, it blows me away, and Iím not easily impressed. Honestly, my opinion now looking at it, I would say it is underpriced by $1,000-1500.

    I would never think about selling it for less than $3500, thatís for sure.
    Its not "like" a hgh-end military grade searchlight, that is exactly what it is and was always meant to be. Many military, Search and rescue and Police organizations are using the 50/70 units around the world. We recently sold 80 units to a middle eastern Navy and soon about 200 units to another nation, the other side of the globe.

    We wanted to keep the price of the ULTRA 85 limited edition (10 numbered units) under $3,000.00 Using the Fat Boy bulb would have pushed it higher by about $150. The only significant advantage is longer life, so we included a 2nd GE D2S bulb as standard instead of putting the price at $3100 or more, instead of $2,995.00 as it was. Also, the FatBoy is much more easily broken if dropped, due to the very narrow glass support at its base. The arc gap is slightly smaller on the FatBoy which could likely make a tighter hotspot and reach even farther. The initial brightness would be about the same using either bulb. Since you have quite a few of the FatBoys you can easily experiment. The other issue with the FatBoy, you can hot restrike (restart) it, but no fast off and back on, no "strobing" is possible. You need to wait at least a few seconds to restart it after turning it off.
    If you do use a FatBoy, you will need to crush the ceramic tube material off the return wire.
    Last edited by XeRay; 08-15-2020 at 03:05 PM.

  8. #8
    *Flashaholic* BVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CentCalCoast
    Posts
    6,717

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Ya gotta do something with the hord of Fatboys, Lux!
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

  9. #9
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Good feedback, Dan. Thanks!

    BVH, thatís the spirit!

  10. #10

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    luxLuther: Congrats on the taking the leap and making the purchase. If it meets your expectations now.....get the SuperPower head and it will blow you away! The heads swap out easy.

  11. #11
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,401

    Default Re: I got the last available XeVision 85W Spotlight

    Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    luxLuther: Congrats on the taking the leap and making the purchase. If it meets your expectations now.....get the SuperPower head and it will blow you away! The heads swap out easy.
    I know it would add performance, but itís a quite expensive option, and throws off the weight balance, so I didnít want to get that option. Thanks though!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •