Advice for a LEP for my dog

cap3r5

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I have a ~100 pound doberman rottweiler mix who loves chasing lasers even more so than playing run away from my owners. He is a large and scary looking dog (but friendly) so if he gets off leash he can scare the crap out of people or get hit by a car since he has no fear of them. So I always carry a laser with me in case I need to be able to control him if he gets off leash somehow. I also use it to get him cardio in open grass fields as he is much faster than myself. I was hoping that the new LEP lights are a good alternative and increases safety. But I have a few questions:

1. Are they safer than single wavelength lasers relative to their brightness/visibility especially in full sunlight?
2. Any idea of what cd should I need to be able to see the dot on the ground in full sunlight for 20-30 feet?
3. Should I get one with 2 brightness levels to ensure it isn't blindingly bright at night - I really what the brandless LEP thrower from vinhnguyen54 but it only has 1 brightness which worries me at night.

I know this is a bit unusual so mods please feel free to move or even delete if not appropriate. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Video of the laser I use for my crazy dog: https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/d3yg5c/i_present_my_105_pound_black_cat_named_buddy/

Let it shine

Newly Enlightened
LEPs are not coherent like lasers... just intense because of the highly concentrated hotspot. The WelTool W4 is what you'd need to make sure the dot remains a dot at increased distances. I have the WelTool W3Pro, but it begins to spread enough at 30ft that I'm not sure your dog would recognize it as his favorite laser marker. With the W4, you'd definitely be sacrificing pocket space though. And honestly, if you feel you have good aim, a laser might just be less disruptive for bystanders than a larger emitter than might catch more eyes.

cap3r5

Newly Enlightened
LEPs are not coherent like lasers... just intense because of the highly concentrated hotspot. The WelTool W4 is what you'd need to make sure the dot remains a dot at increased distances. I have the WelTool W3Pro, but it begins to spread enough at 30ft that I'm not sure your dog would recognize it as his favorite laser marker. With the W4, you'd definitely be sacrificing pocket space though. And honestly, if you feel you have good aim, a laser might just be less disruptive for bystanders than a larger emitter than might catch more eyes.

Thanks for your advice!! I am going to get the unbranded LEP light from Vinh but if that doesn't work, I will definitely get the W4 if I still think the LEP will be able to get my dogs attention. I have seen him run after reflections off of my cellphone screen and fitbit and even from keychain LED lights that form only a diffuse hotspot so I think the derp will follow the unbranded LEP and if not, I guess I will just have to give the W4 a chance too!