Purple flashlight for child.

antmistr

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a flashlight for my goddaughter. She too young for a rechargeable, so I'm looking for a AA. I need something that's not too bright that she'll blind her brothers, and it has to be pink or purple so they don't try to steal it on her. I usually buy fenix lights but they don't seem to have anything in purple. Any suggestions?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy, and welcome to CPF,
A quick Google search turned up a cute little Fenix E01 on Amazon. It's a little pricey at $41 including shipping, but it fits the bill perfectly. AAA and 13 lumens so it won't blind anybody. It's a discontinued model, but there are a few other places that seem to have it as well. Good luck in your search.

pc_light

Enlightened
Olight i5T AA now comes in purple $26.

Its a nice light that her brothers might try to keep for themselves despite the color.

The Xeno E03 comes in a "red" color that's really a nice shade of raspberry. This is a 1xAA light, priced at about $30. It's powered by an alkaline, NiMH, or lithium primary cell; it can also easily take a 14500 cell, if your daughter manages to keep her interest in the light as she grows. Three modes, M-L-H, in that order (60 lm - 10 lm -200 lm); no mode memory. Three hidden modes: strobe, beacon, and SOS. Max runtime on low is about 20 hours; medium, about 4 hours; high, about 1 hour. I've used several of these lights for more than five years without any failures. That noted, you'll be giving the light to a child, so no guarantees about longevity. Still, mine have performed flawlessly. Just search for Xeno E03. I also recommend buying the light from one of the merchants that support this forum. The price is slightly less than what is on offer at Amazon. Let us know what you decide.