Help! - Photon 3 flashes...

Commander

Enlightened
Seen this before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My 30 days old Photon 3 keeps on flashing when dropping for only 2 cm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Checked the battery but no change…? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

See this little clip of the light:

152 KB video of error

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
Does the P3 come on normally when you press the back button? If not, have you pulled out the tab that activates the back button? The tab may cause the front button to be a bit more sensitive to momentary impacts. It that is out, you may want to open the battery compartment and see if the little metal clip that the batteries are under is in its proper place. You might also check to see how sensitive the front button is to pressure. It it lights up when you lightly press it, the button may be more sensitive than normal - takes a lot of pressure to light mine. If that is the case, you might want to contact LRI and see if they will exchange or fix it. Otherwise there is probably not much you can do without a lot of work. Since it does not appear to stay on, it is probably not worth going to a lot of trouble to fix or replace it.

Commander

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Chaz said:... If it lights up when you lightly press it, the button may be more sensitive than normal. If that is the case, you might want to contact LRI and see if they will exchange or fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Chaz.

I will contact LRI...