Imalent        
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

Default Re: Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

I have a tts led in one of my mini mags. It works good, but flickers when the batteries are low.

Xxo, it looks like they are temporarily sold out. Looks neat though. I guess you can just have one ml25 now and choose whether you feel like led today or incandescent.
    There you go chickendrumstick....

Quote Originally Posted by Snulfur View Post
    Watched some youtube ads for Maglite. They are cringe beyond belief haha. Here is my favorite:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rhp...hannel=MAGLITE
    WOW!! They advertised!
    First one I've seen since the late 80s or early 90s. Now if they would do that on tv so people would know there are more to flashlights than that ol tac light.
    Last edited by greenpondmike; 11-21-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Random question of the daaaaay.
    What lithium sizes fits inside of a C size Maglite?

I use 2x18500 with a 3/4" schedule 80 pvc pipe as a gap filler in my 2 cell incan ML25 and 2x18650 with same adapter in my 3 cell one. With a 4 cell bulb in the 2 cell and a TL 3 bulb in the 3 cell they put out as much light as their LED clad cousins.

Also some use aa to c adapters and eneloops or ultimate lithiums when primaries are the choice of fuel.

If you want super long runtimes and don't need a lot of light a pair of 5000 mAh Imedion C cells and a warm Yuji in the 2 cell ML25IT will possibly provide about 8 lumens for months.

Still trying to figure out how that drop in would go in between the light and the reflector.

Would it replace the reflector?

Light disassembled

Head back on

Reflector installed

Note the oversized hole around the bulb. Factory hole fit snug but when using a hotter bulb it melts the reflector. Over sizing the hole to about 9mm with a 1/8" drill bit twisted by hand halted the melting without affecting the beam at all.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-21-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Snulfur View Post
    Random question of the daaaaay.
    What lithium sizes fits inside of a C size Maglite?

18650's, 21700's. 26650's are too fat.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Still trying to figure out how that drop in would go in between the light and the reflector.

Would it replace the reflector?

was wondering the same thing,maybe you have to saw off the back part of the reflector?

I always keep a Mag in my cars. I currently like the ML300L. 3 D cells and 625 lumens. Still not a fan of their led focusing but it is a solid well built light and batteries are easily available.

I've been on the fence about the new MagCharger. This ML150 if you will. Trouble is, which one? The short one or the long one? The short one is about the size of the 2 cell ML50. The long one about the size of the 3 cell ML 50 (or the ML125) give or take some millimeters. 800 lumens should be enough, but the throw is only in the 30's for CD. A thousand won't seem much brighter and the throw is in the lower 50's. But so is the 2D classic LED upgrade. And it has that classic Maglite spot beam with a low calorie diet of spill. I'm guessing the new Magchargers are football field wide lighters much like the ML50 and 300.

I'm really more interested in the shorter model but really like the length of that ML125 for carrying a device that can double as a hammer if need be.

Decisions decisions……
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-25-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Flashaholic

The length of the longer one makes it easier to get into and out of your pocket with gloves on in case you need to park it there for a minute. I don't have one but I use a 3 cell ML50 a lot and this is one of the many things about the light that makes it one of the best all around light for me in my environment. Just something to consider and just my opinion. Either one will be great, I'm sure. If you get one be sure to post your findings.

I bought the short ML150LRS recently and I think it's great. Lots of light and plenty of throw for illuminating the backyard to spot coyotes and other critters. I also really like the multiple output levels. I think it's a great light; it's also the first LED maglite I've owned. The short version is nice for back pocket carry around the house.

I came here to post a 30% off coupon for maglites website. it came in my email today. BFMC30
    It makes the ML150LR a really great deal. I might buy another one.

Dawg gonnit!!

Got the same email. With that coupon one could buy both for about $40 more than the long one costs regular price. I've been able to thwart the ocd voices so far but now that there is a 30% coupon……it's pretty doubtful I'll make it past midnight without buying one.
    Aaaaaugh!!

Edit: Welp, that was a long 20 minutes. lol.
    Both ordered. Mrs Fixer insisted……she was payin', so who am I to argue?
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-25-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Flashaholic

Mrs. Fixer is a hero. I love her. Haha.

She's a keeper.

Folks, if you use a coupon at Maglite be sure and click apply. At some sites you type in a code and it automatically shows up in your "final" price including tax, shipping etc then you hit "pay".
    At the Maglite site you type it in and hit "pay" and then you see final price.
    If you did not click apply, surprise!! You paid full price.

Dawg gonnit!!

Edit: Welp, that was a long 20 minutes. lol.
    Both ordered. Mrs Fixer insisted……she was payin', so who am I to argue?
    Cool! You'll like them a lot. I keep mine in the living room for everyone at home to use.

The voices kept whispering "now that you can get 30% off, you know you want one of those LX numbers, don't you?" so all day yesterday it kept bouncing around my brain ML50 LX. But two or three cell? Definitely the gray one so I can see the button in low light.

Mrs Fixer and I took a stroll last evening and she really liked the size and weight of the 2 cell one. I had a busted ML25 that I drilled two holes in the shoulder and slid a wrist strap through. It fits the ML50 so the light she was carrying has a wrist strap. So she's getting a gray ML50 LX for Christmas.

Now before I pulled the trigger on that I was also wondering about the ML300 LX and did some looking around. I stumbled across a special edition Nine-Line Apparel 3 cell ML300 and today they have a 25% coupon so I snagged a Nine-Line edition.

That is a great looking like sir. I've been giving my 2c ML50L a workout almost every night walking the dog. Eco mode for most of the walk but bump it up to high on one particular stretch where there are no streetlights. I've thought about grabbing an LX on a few occasions, but I always seem to leans towards the classic body style.
    The voices kept whispering "now that you can get 30% off, you know you want one of those LX numbers, don't you?" so all day yesterday it kept bouncing around my brain ML50 LX. But two or three cell? Definitely the gray one so I can see the button in low light.

Mrs Fixer and I took a stroll last evening and she really liked the size and weight of the 2 cell one. I had a busted ML25 that I drilled two holes in the shoulder and slid a wrist strap through. It fits the ML50 so the light she was carrying has a wrist strap. So she's getting a gray ML50 LX for Christmas.

Now before I pulled the trigger on that I was also wondering about the ML300 LX and did some looking around. I stumbled across a special edition Nine-Line Apparel 3 cell ML300 and today they have a 25% coupon so I snagged a Nine-Line edition.

Real nice light!

The flag silk screen looks great. I really like the grenade gripped matte finished LX's.

Unlike most of my limited edition Maglites, that one may go outdoors on occasion.
    It says 524 lumens on high (at Nine-Line) but I can not find any info on a 3 cell that was 524. Only info I found for 524 lumens is a 2 cell version. Anyway 366m beam if it is 524, and that's plenty for me because I figure that means 150 or more meters of very useable light.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-27-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Unlike most of my limited edition Maglites, that one may go outdoors on occasion.
    It says 524 lumens on high (at Nine-Line) but I can not find any info on a 3 cell that was 524. Only info I found for 524 lumens is a 2 cell version. Anyway 366m beam if it is 524, and that's plenty for me because I figure that means 150 or more meters of very useable light.

The 3 cell ML300 was listed at 625 lumens, but that has recently been changed to 746 lumens (40596 cd/403M beam distance).
    Last edited by xxo; 11-27-2020 at 04:14 PM.

The photo is definitely showing a 3 cell so I'm supposing it will be the 600 lumen model. I kinda hope so because it actually throws a bit better than the 700 one according to Maglite.

Always was a bit of a Mag fan, just got this today.

Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

At first I had trouble finding the switch on my ML50's and 300's in the dark since the cover does not poke out like the classic maglite but I got used to it. I like the 50 better than the 300 but still have 300's for the long runtimes if needed.
    I love the hard ano on these.

Flashaholic*

These look nice, now I want one.

Dude, you've gotta tell us about that anti-roll attachment. Looks too big to be a classic Stinger one.

I used GITD paint on my first two ML models until I got used to the new button. Then I programmed them so that the first click is momentary and two clicks to stay on. That way my thumb or finger stays near the button. And if you really need the light to turn off quickly just loosen the tailcap a quarter turn.

It is a 2-D cell light so the Mag Bezel guard fits, all mine are set at mode 3 or momentary, double click=high and triple click = eco. I had one sit for over a year without twisting the tail out and the Centura cells in it were fine, but ever since I read that you tail lock them I now do the same.

I noticed at flashlight lens dot com the ML300 uses the same size glass (replacements) as the classic D lights. It looks a bit smaller from across the room. But it's nice to know that device fits the ML300 as well.

I have a 3D Fluke incan and a classic style 2D LED edition. But both are still in the package. I bought the incan one to Malkoff then found a 3D green one so that one got Malkoff'd instead.

Now cutting the circuit on XL lights at times does not seem to actually cut the circuit. Example is my XL100 had brand new batteries and after sitting for a week with tailcap unscrewed way past the point it would not fire would not light a week later. One battery was so dead it would not even light a vampire and the other two barely lit it. (vampire is an E01), same with my wife's XL50. So I pluck the carriers out and keep them next to the light. It should not have killed 3 new batteries in one week due to parasitic drain. Now my XL50 and 200 have not had that issue for the most part but my XL50 would not light on high after a few months even with the circuit cut. Or so I thought. Even tho the tail switch won't turn the light on the batteries still seem to drain.

With ML lights if you cut the circuit with it lit the switch prompts to off. The XL lights if you do that and then twist the tailcap back tight it returns to where it was, on, flash, whatever. Strange.

Green 3 D? Lime or dark? I have a Dark green 3 D that I put the guts from a Luxeon Rebel 3 D in.

The (once) common dark green one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Always was a bit of a Mag fan, just got this today.

The Nine-Line 3 cell edition arrived a day early. Yessssssssss!!
    My first LX will probably not be my last. The matt finish is a bit more grippy feeling. A sort of chalky feeling like Pentagon lights. The waffle knurling at face value does not look like it would be that different. And with gloves it may not be. But bare handed it provides a bit more positive feel to the grip. I can see why folks swear by these.

This one is the updated ML300.

Nearly 750 lumens from 3 D batteries.
    Yet nearly 300 hours available with about the same brightness as an incan 3D. Amazing.

Now Maglite LED lights have a vast improvement in the beam with the ML series but still not perfect. Faced with a choice of a glass lens or a slightly diffused lens I picked the slightly diffused one for the better beam.

Note how the LED is slightly blurred.
    It's called acrylite and flashlight lens dot com sells them.
    I may end up going with glass since these are not real scratch resistant or good for high heat applications.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-01-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast