Imalent        

Thread: Advice for Ra light that won't turn on?

Default Advice for Ra light that won't turn on?

I have a 10 or 11 year old Ra light (140 GD) that I got earlier in the year in a trade. There have been no problems with it until today. It being an older light, I didn't want to bug Henry until I weighed in here first, in case someone with more HDS experience might know what the problem is. The first time today I pushed the switch, nothing. What is odd is that when I changed the battery and screwed the head back on, it came on for 5 seconds like it is supposed to, but pushing the switch doesn't make it come on. It hasn't taken a hard fall anywhere, and the switch makes the appropriate clicking noises, as before. Does anyone here have any observations or suggestions? Thank you very much!

Default Re: Advice for Ra light that won't turn on?

Did you change battery chemistries from li-ion to primary? Without a battery reset could it think you put a dead li-lion in it?

Email Henry then send it in. It is not bothering him. What would bother him is knowing there is a light out there with a problem. Let him fix it. Most likely it is an internal issue with the switch.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Did you change battery chemistries from li-ion to primary? Without a battery reset could it think you put a dead li-lion in it?
    I believe the 5 seconds ON after changing battery IS the battery reset.

I would start by cleaning the wire in the battery compartment and the ring it contacts in the head with alcohol.

Oh right. I forgot it only does the 7 sec lightup if it reset. I had it in mind it always did that.

Thank all of you very much! (and this has involved only primaries; I have not used Li-ions)
    Last edited by novice; 08-15-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Did you wait a full minute before replacing the battery?

Bill

Thank you, Bullzeyebill. I just tried it again, and made sure I waited at least a minute. The 5-second light occurs, but it doesn't turn on.