Hi from Spain!

lerele

Newly Enlightened
I´m visiting New York in April, and I´ll buy my first Surefire there (here are very expensive, and you can find only a few models).

For many reasons, I won´t get much time to search for some gadgets I´m thinking on buying, so I´d like to know where can I purchase Surefire flashlights in Manhattan (sorry, no time to visit other parts of the city!).

For me it´s more important a shop with a wide range of models, than the place with the lowest price. As I told you, it will be my first SF; I think the G2Z will be "the one", but I´d like to see other models.

Thanks in advance. And sorry for my english!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi-

Welcome to the Forum. Your English is very good. The G2Z is one surefire I do not have, but I hear alot of good opinions about this light. It seems to be very durable, it has the option of two different lamps, the heat resistant pyrex lens and a Lock out tail cap which I find essential.

Enjoy your visit to New York, I'm sorry that I don't have any information on where to buy.

Do you have any friends or relatives you are visiting while in New York? Perhaps they could order something for you and you could pick it up from them when you arrive?

GregR

lerele

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all of you.

The fact is I´m only a tourist, so no order can be made.

However, I´ve checked the dealer locator at www.surefire.com . And it seems that only two shops are available in Manhattan: PARAGON SPORTING GOODS and ICEBERG ARMY & NAVY... Only two?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Why not just order it online? It's the same price as a retail store and has a much larger selection.

lerele

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I´ve been thinking about it. But the shipping cost is very high. If only I could find another guy to share it... But it seems that is crazy spending that much on a flashlight (that´s what the people say).

Do you know any internet shop shipping internationally, at a low cost? But the NYC visit is my first option.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Lerele:

If getting SF lights is difficult and expensive in Spain, you might consider a SF LED, such as the L4 or L6. The LED bulbs last pretty much forever. Incandescent bulbs blow and then you will be in the same situation of trying to get replacement parts in Spain.

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to direct you to this --> o <-- Threat.
I have been to NYC last October. Also visited Paragorn Sports. They had quite some SureFire models (behind glas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif). You can check their prices online (Link is in the other Threat). Don't forget to add sales taxes.
Sorry, no other/better hint for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Enjoy your stay. For me, it was a real pleasure and I'll surely visit again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BTW... welcome to CPF,
Holger

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Greetings to you Lerele!!! Welcome to CPF!

If I was able to afford to pay attention, I would happily ship to you anything you wanted to order. I did that for a guy in Australia sometime back. Most Surefire products are WAY above my station!

I am sure some member here would help you out!

As a group we are a VERY helpful bunch of people!

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
L,
Greetings on the day.
Couple of things you can try.
Ask for guys in NYC for the names of Police supply shops.

Another trick is if you know where your staying, time any mail orders for delivery to your hotel room. The front desk is used to accecpting packages for business guests, why not you.

Lots of good things to eat in NYC. If you get to 'china town' try the Lung Fong bakery. Try a thing called a "pork bun". Wonderful stuff.

Good luck
Jack Crow in Iraq

ps after the mess that the Midrid bombings caused, I delivered some Iced Tea to the crews of some Spanish combat cars that were here. The guys seemed to be surprised that an AMCIT and contractor would show kindness. I was near the Pentagon on 9-11, and had a clue.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
alternatively the B/S/T forums ia good place to look out for deals. you could also ask CPF'er ksbman, who has very generously offered to help forward packages to non-US CPF'ers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

lerele

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much, all of you. Now I can choose between some solutions to my "problem".

Sales tax? How much does it represent to a product like this? Talking about other products... Does it vary depending on the kind of product, the value, or what?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We are at 8.25% here in Houston (and most of Texas) so there is a lot to be said for mail order!!!

That said, I generally like to shop locally. Helps places stay in business (I hope!).

You sound like a really great guy Jack!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll tell you what we need as US airports! Duty free shops for CPF visitors!

GregR

lerele

Newly Enlightened
More questions, guys (just to be sure about spare parts):

-How much time should P60 and P61 lamps last?

-Is it a good idea getting the KL3 LED module, considering I have a Maglite for daily use?

-I want to keep the batteries installed in the flashlight, just to be ready when I need it. Maybe for long periods of time. I´ve no previous experience with lithium batteries, so... Can I maintain them inside the flashlight without putting it at risk? Do the cells drain slowly when inserted in the flashlight?

Thanks again

lerele

Newly Enlightened
Please, I only want three quick answers! I promise not to ask again...

charliek

Enlightened
I'm not a NYC resident, but I live in New Jersey (close enough) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Paragon Sports" is 867 Broadway

Corner of 18th and Broadway.
The subway stops at 14th Street - Union Square ( Only a short walk )

Welcome to the US- have a great time.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lerele,
You could always order online and have it shipped to where you are staying in New York. That might help get ya past the taxes, and some places will ship for free if over $100.00( www.tadgear.com )
Just an idea.
Welcome to CPF!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Don't forget the batteries.

Blades

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lerele said:
More questions, guys (just to be sure about spare parts):

-How much time should P60 and P61 lamps last?

-Is it a good idea getting the KL3 LED module, considering I have a Maglite for daily use?

-I want to keep the batteries installed in the flashlight, just to be ready when I need it. Maybe for long periods of time. I´ve no previous experience with lithium batteries, so... Can I maintain them inside the flashlight without putting it at risk? Do the cells drain slowly when inserted in the flashlight?

Thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

1. P60 has a live expectancy of about 20 hrs according to SureFire. From my experience it should last longer (or less than 1 hr, that has also happened to me and should be replaced by SureFire Customer Service)
2. I don't know for what you need your M @ glite/KL3. I would not reccomed buying a KL3, but that's my VHO.The overall output of a M @ glite (2 or 3 D/C-Cell) will be about the same as the KL3. With the KL3 having much less throw...

3. No problem to keep the Batteries installed over longer time periods. That's what they are build for.

Holger