Surefire EDCL1-T Question

prisoner006

Newly Enlightened
Looking at this one, and have a question on the "gas-pedal" operation.

If I am to understand correctly, to operate for push button, the tailcap is slightly loosened. This leads to me some questions.

1. How loose is it? Will it work looser in pocket or as carried?
2. Are there notches or indentations to help get the proper alignment?
3. How exact does it need to be aligned?
4. Any other quirks to be aware of?

Thanks!

Struecker

Newly Enlightened
1. The tail cap has a rubber ring to provide resistance, which is moderate and smooth, and will not loosen in the pocket.
2. There is no indentation, just loosen about 1/4 circle would be fine.
3. No need to be aligned.
4. The "gas-pedal" switch of the EDCL series is the best Surefire switch I have used so far. Super fast switching high and low light without flickering.

prisoner006

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. Though I admit the temptation got to me and I had already ordered one.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF fellow photon fiends!!!

2 welcomes for the price of 1!

I have found the tailcap lockout turns vary wildly in SFs. Some require a 1/2 turn some 2 or 3 which leaves the tailcap wobbly. What I do to lock out the light is to unscrew the bezel to the point of non-operation. This is typically a quarter turn in my experience.

kelmo

Lumen83

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF fellow photon fiends!!!

2 welcomes for the price of 1!

I have found the tailcap lockout turns vary wildly in SFs. Some require a 1/2 turn some 2 or 3 which leaves the tailcap wobbly. What I do to lock out the light is to unscrew the bezel to the point of non-operation. This is typically a quarter turn in my experience.

kelmo

Which models would the wobbly tailcap issue happen on? I haven't run into this. The models I use lockout with are 6P, g2, g2x, U2, Kroma, E2e, A2, LX2, and EDCL1-T. I like how the 6Ps have indexing marks, although I don't think they are necessary. I just rotate the tail cap until when I press it the light no longer comes on, I call it a day. I do this will all my SFs. The clickies I click on then rotate until they go dark and click off. I wouldn't be happy if I had to unscrew the bezel.

Any update from the OP on how you like it? I love mine. It was my EDC for a long time. Now, my living and work situation is much different so I mostly just carry a 6P incan. But when I need to actually leave the house I'm carrying the EDCL1-T.