Pale Blue products

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,
Anyone try out any of the Pale Blue lineup? Lithium polymer batteries in aa, aaa, etc., with onboard charging sound interesting...

I bought four Pale Blue AA's during the original Kickstarter campaign. The cells have proved to be reliable in the eight months I've used them. In flashlights, their performance is about equal to Eneloops. In battery-powered travel shavers however, Pale Blue's performance is significantly better and longer-lasting. That noted, Pale Blue asserts that their cells are more environmentally friendly than other cells, which makes them worth considering if your environmental footprint is a significant concern for you.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got two AAA cells. So far so good.
I'm going to try them in a few different devices.
The 1.5V should help deal with low battery that NiMh's trip in certain devices.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like the idea of the rechargeable 9 volt for smoke detectors, alarm clocks and infrared temperature gun uses.

Can two or more be charged on a regular charger I wonder so a product that uses say, a pair can be recharged at one time? Is the chemestry land fill friendly like eneloops?

Does the voltage sag like alkalines, thereby not over driving products designed around the typical sag of an alkaline? What is the voltage fresh off the charger? At rest of say 30 minutes or so?

I hope the company does well. But I'm not ready to trade in my eneloops just yet.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the company does well. But I'm not ready to trade in my eneloops just yet.
I still will use my Eneloop's and Recyko's too. Nice part is they just plug in to a USB port to charge.
Check out Prometheus Lights friends site for your other questions: www.paleblueearth.com

Edit: They have Micro USB charging ports. The cell has a ring around it that turns red when charging​

Last edited:

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
I have some AAAs and AAs from their sustainability kit and one AAA that came with my Prometheus Magnetic. I plan on trying out some AAs in a motion-detecting sprinkler for my tomato patch; I need to contact Pale Blue and the sprinkler company as the device is listed as alkaline only. I think the battery design can work with fussier devices that can't go with NiMh, etc, if I remember correctly.

I did email them about their safety features and they sound pretty legit.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they a bit expensive or is it just me?

I like the fact that they are 1.5 volts though and the capacity seems good.

Love my eneloops but like most rechargeable batteries, they're only 1.2 volts.