• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

[COMPLETED] Malkoff M61N LLLL SST-20 95 CRI Group Buy, round 2!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phase 4- Dropins here, packing today! (09/30/2020)

Phase 3.8- Dropins ready! Gene has all our money!
(09/22/2020)

Phase 3. All paid. Order placed with Gene.

This is a Group Buy for an M61N LLLL dropin. That's FOUR (4) Ls everyone. Say it with me: low low low low

There is a minimum order quantity of 20 units, CONUS shipping only, further upon special arrangement.

FOR ONE DROPIN: Payment Total will be $63 via Paypal Goods and Services. This breaks down to $50/ dropin from Gene, $2 "GB charge", $8.30 for USPS Priority Flat Rate CONUS shipping (small FR box), and PayPal fee of roughly $2.70.

FOR TWO DROPINS: Payment Total will be $116 via Paypal Goods and Services
. This breaks down to 2x($50/ dropin), + 2x($2 GB charge), $8.30 for USPS Flat Rate CONUS (small FR box), and PayPal fee of roughly $3.70. *$50 of insurance included, I can make this $100 upon special arrangement.

You may order any amount of dropins!

If this sounds interesting, read on…

All communication should take place in the comments for transparency. I won't respond to PMs regarding this GB unless otherwise arranged. The exception is for non CONUS or international shipping inquiries.

Phase 1 –Sign-Up:

- We are already at 20 to start, this group buy is ready to rock.

- Indicate your willingness to participate in the group buy by posting the following in the comments: "I'm in for QTY x."
- Posting that you want to participate is a firm commitment to buy. Others are depending on you! Don't indicate that you're going to participate if you're "just thinking about it." Think about it first, then decide, then sign-up.
- Additional Sign-up will last through 2359 hours on September 4th, 2020.
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS MUST BE ARRANGED VIA PM

Phase 2 – Pre-Pay:

- After sign-ups, please make PAYMENT to me via PayPal Goods and Services. This breaks down to PAYMENT for dropin and LED, plus flat rate priority USPS shipping, plus PP fee price.
- PP G&S protects you through Purchase Protection, so no gnashing of teeth over the small extra amount.
- YOU MUST INCLUDE IN PAYPAL PAYMENT NOTES THE FOLLOWING IN THIS ORDER:

CPF handle + real name
# of dropins ordered

Business/ Care-of/ Attn if applicable
Street number, street, Apt/Ste.....
City, State, Zip code

and nothing else!
- Pre-pay will last through 2359 hours on September 11th, 2020.
- If some buyers don't pay by the Phase 2 deadline, your spot will be considered forfeit and may or may not be made available to you again.
- Once you pay, you're locked in until (a) you receive your head (b) the GB shuts down or (c) you trade your spot.

FOR ONE DROPIN: Payment Total will be $63 via Paypal Goods and Services. This breaks down to $50/ dropin from Gene, $2 "GB charge", $8.30 for USPS Priority Flat Rate CONUS shipping (small FR box), and PayPal fee of roughly $2.70.

FOR TWO DROPINS: Payment Total will be $116 via Paypal Goods and Services. This breaks down to 2x($50/ dropin), + 2x($2 GB charge), $8.30 for USPS Flat Rate CONUS (small FR box), and PayPal fee of roughly $3.70. *$50 of insurance included, I can make this $100 upon special arrangement.

Phase 3 – Ordering/Manufacturing:

- Once payments are submitted I will place the order with Gene.
- We wait ? During this time, I will check in with Gene weekly and post updates in the comments.
- This phase ends when Gene ships the drop-ins to me.

Phase 4 – Shipping to you:

- This phase starts when I receive the package from Gene.
- I will PM you the tracking number after I ship. Shipping is CONUS only.
- I will provide an option for insurance, if you want to pay extra for this you must let me know, else all shipments will be valued at $50 (1 dropin).
- Once I ship to you and provide a tracking number, I'm out of the loop. I'm not responsible for lost or delayed items once USPS is in possession of your drop-in. If you're worried about this, I will provide an option for USPS insurance.

FAQs:

(1) What is a Malkoff M61N LLLL? What exactly am I purchasing?

This is the Malkoff Devices P60 style Drop-in LED Upgrade Conversion with solid brass heatsink construction. This is a LLLL- that's FOUR L's (low low low low). Output is roughly 24lm (26lm @ 9V). The LED is a will be a 4000K Luminous SST-20 95 CRI emitter.

From the Malkoff Web-site.

This design utilizes a custom orange peel reflector designed by Don McLeish. The reflector offers a very nice balance between throw and spill. It is an outstanding room lighter and short to medium spotter. It was designed specifically for use in Malkoff MD2, Elzetta ZFL-M60, and SureFire 6P, 9P, 6Z, Z2, Z3, C2, C3, M2, G3, and G2 flashlights. It may or may not fit other models. The input voltage is 3.4 - 9 volts. Below 3.4 volts it will drop out of regulation and run direct drive. This dropin is protected against reverse polarity.

This Malkoff Upgrade is designed for rugged service from the ground up. It is fully potted to stand up to rough service and recoil. This item is covered by Our Lifetime Warranty

This GB is for the Drop In only.

(2) Can I change my mind and back out?

During Phase 1, yes.

After Phase 1 ends, no.

(3) Can I trade my spot?

During Phase 1, no need. Just post that you want to be removed from the list.

During Phase 2, you must arrange for someone to take your spot. Please keep any such updates in the

(3) What tint and emitter?

Luminous SST-20 4000K 95 CRI sourced via Gene.

(4) Minimum order quantity?

20. We are at ~22 before posting this. So we are a go, just now how many we get.

(5) How long will it take?

Gene typically estimates 4 weeks once I tell him "Go". This is a good average. Some have been as quick as 2, some have been closer to 6. Lots of variables.

(6) How much profit are you making on this group buy?

I am not running this to make a profit. Given regularity and amount of time these require, particularly in shipment related tasks, I aim to have one M61 dropin (roughly $45 value) provided to me as compensation. This means adding a roughly $2/ spot (exact TBD once everyone is signed up), no extra money will be taken.

(7) What if I'm dissatisfied with the final product?

You would contact Gene, not me. Once I ship you the drop-in, I'm out of the loop (make sure you understand the shipping terms).

Thanks to the following CPF'ers.
lion504: for letting me use his GB format.
GreatScoot: for letting me basically copy his M91BN group-buy!

-Special thanks to Gene for putting up with us crazy CPF'ers and indulging our whims.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Malkoff M61N LLLL SST-20 95 CRI Group Buy, round 2!

OFFICIAL SIGN-UP LIST

1. ledbetter [Paid]
  2. scout24 [Paid]
  3. Jimmyboots [Paid]
  4. Espionage Studio*
  5. nmiller [Paid]
  6. nmiller [Paid]
  7. dotCPF [Paid]
  8. dotCPF [Paid]
  9. Not So Bright [Paid]
  10. 5S8Zh5 [Paid]
  11. PaperKnife [Paid]
  12. PaperKnife [Paid]
  13. Marc55 [Paid]
  14. Marc55 [Paid]
  15. marco.weiss [Paid]
  16. thermal guy [Paid]
  17. thermal guy [Paid]
  18. double_r76 [Paid]
  19. Whiskey_Light [Paid]
  20. Whiskey_Light [Paid]
  21. Russ/TN [Paid]
  22. siklops [Paid]
  23. siklops [Paid]
  24. AstroTurf [Paid]
  25. Rstype [Paid]
  26. troutpool [Paid]
  27. GeoBruin [Paid]
  28. knucklegary [Paid]
  29. Johnnyh [Paid]
  30. Tempest UK [INTL] [Paid]
  31. Tempest UK [INTL] [Paid]
  32. Mister S [Paid]
  33. Mister S [Paid]
  34. PSM [Paid]
  35. rumack [Paid]
  36. rumack [Paid]
  37. AR_Shorty [Paid]
  38. bykfixer [Paid]

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like to make the following clear separated from the rest of the GB wall of text:

(6) How much profit are you making on this group buy?

I am not running this to make a profit. Given regularity and amount of time these require, particularly in shipment related tasks, I aim to have one M61 dropin (roughly $45 value) provided to me as compensation. This means adding a roughly $2/ spot (exact TBD once everyone is signed up), no extra money will be taken.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast

what is your paypal handle?

Phase 2 – Pre-Pay:

- After sign-ups, please make PAYMENT to me via PayPal Goods and Services. This breaks down to PAYMENT for dropin and LED, plus flat rate priority USPS shipping, plus PP fee price.
- PP G&S protects you through Purchase Protection, so no gnashing of teeth over the small extra amount.
- YOU MUST INCLUDE IN PAYPAL PAYMENT NOTES THE FOLLOWING IN THIS ORDER:

CPF handle + real name
# of dropins ordered

Business/ Care-of/ Attn if applicable
Street number, street, Apt/Ste.....
City, State, Zip code

and nothing else!
- Pre-pay will last through 2359 hours on September 11th, 2020.
- If some buyers don't pay by the Phase 2 deadline, your spot will be considered forfeit and may or may not be made available to you again.
- Once you pay, you're locked in until (a) you receive your head (b) the GB shuts down or (c) you trade your spot.

PaperKnife

Newly Enlightened

For clarity sake:
I'm requesting 2.
So that's $48 + $48 + $8.30 (shipping) total sent through PayPal to cover everything. (No extra Insurance, etc)
$104.30 Total (Just want to make sure)

Thanks again DotCPF for doing all of this, it's greatly appreciated.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

The answer to your questions I believe is Yes.

Exact price TBD pending Gene but these will probably be about $50/ea. not including shipping.

If you order multiple dropins, you only get charged once for shipping.

I will likely break the list up depending on how many dropins ordered for organization purposes.

PaperKnife

Newly Enlightened

Cool,
just sitting tight for now then, thanks.

double_r76

Newly Enlightened

Confirming that I'm in for 1. Cross reference #19 on the list.

Thanks!
-Randy

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Hey DOT, not that you asked or anything but I see nothing wrong with you getting a dropin out of this. This is a huge undertaking and I'm sure a lot of work on your part. You deserve that at the very least.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast

sounds like a just reward to me.

Hey DOT, not that you asked or anything but I see nothing wrong with you getting a dropin out of this. This is a huge undertaking and I'm sure a lot of work on your part. You deserve that at the very least.