First impressions: Astrolux MF05, single SBT90.2, 8 x 18650, 3,162 meters.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
First impressions: Astrolux MF05, single SBT90.2, 8 x 18650, 3,162 meters. It came from freeme group buy via Banggood to my door today.

First thing: Here, it is seven more hours until the dawn of the flashlight day, so I will edit this post or tack on later with my impressions about the beam. White wall hunting, for now.

Next: Think big and heavy! But in a good way. Ooodles of throw and heat management. The extra mass is so as to enable longer run time without quickly heating.

Before turn on, please remove the protective plastic lens film. There is a small tab near the edge that can be pulled. There are no markings on the cover, so it took me a few moments to see it.

Be sure to observe battery carrier correct polarity: Two cells of like polarity are located adjacent to each other, not opposite of each other, as I have been accustomed to in other 4 x 18650 battery carriers. There are two carriers, to make a total of eight cells.

White wall hunting: The tint on mine is not CW. Definitely warm. I do not have personal tint preference, but mine appears to be perfect for people who do not like CW.

Shipping time was ok, no delay noted. The package arrived in nice condition. No issues noted.

This flashlight is currently the King of LED throw; the excitement of the next flashlight never ceases!

Thank you to freeme for the group buy nice price.

I do not have equipment to do Reviews, because I spend the money for the equipment on the next flashlight. From me, first impressions only.

My lights.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a target 750 meters away, this light puts significantly more light on the target than the K75. It put a smile on my face. Reflector diameter is larger, and the deeper reflector is a plus, too. Add additional power supply and additional heat sinking and heat dissipation, etc, and now my K75 is a Mini version of the new led throw standard. Thanks again, to everyone who made this landmark light a reality!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The throw war definitely continues. Think big and heavy: yes. Next step will be a carrier with wheels for the light, I guess! This thing is really a beast and can roughly be described like: take a Thrunite TN42 and increase the power 4 times! I have TN42 and will not look for anything bigger.

nitebrite

Enlightened
I got this and I regret it. Hardly portable. I have it on a tripod on our deck. So then I plugged in an AC powered light and it destroyed this thing go figure. I guess this might have a point for search teams but certainly not for casual use. It throws plenty far.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this and I regret it. Hardly portable. I have it on a tripod on our deck. So then I plugged in an AC powered light and it destroyed this thing go figure. I guess this might have a point for search teams but certainly not for casual use. It throws plenty far.

You tried to put it in your pocket and it accidentally turned on, didn't you?

Is it strictly the size that bothered you or was it something else?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can remember, not very long ago, that one of the big reasons to get an 18650 light was so that you could replace 4 or 8 AA batteries in your light, with a single 18650. Now, we need 8 18650's in our lights. :shakehead

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can remember, not very long ago, that one of the big reasons to get an 18650 light was so that you could replace 4 or 8 AA batteries in your light, with a single 18650. Now, we need 8 18650's in our lights. :shakehead
Missing the point somewhat..... :rolleyes:

nitebrite

Enlightened
It was just the size. Since it is staying at my deck. A specialized AC powered fixture is 50x as powerful. So for me I do kind of regret it. It is fine though. No hard feelings. It is very impressive in and of itself.