• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD. Sony ICF-2010 Classic Multi-band Radio

CLB

Newly Enlightened
I recently discovered that the Sony ICF-2010 multi-band radio is still prized by DX'ers, and I would like to find a good home for mine. Since I have had a couple dozen happy flashlight transactions on CPF, I thought I would start here to see if there is any interest.

I bought my ICF-2010 new in 1986, used it occasionally for a couple of years (indoors only), and since then it has been stored in a closet (without batteries). It has never been exposed to lightning or any sort of static discharge.

Based on examples I have seen listed on Universal Radio and Ebay, I will say my radio is in excellent cosmetic condition, with no dings, scratches, or corrosion. Operationally, everything works fine as far as I have been able to tell, except that the backlight for the LCD display is very dim (as in, only visible in almost complete darkness). If you are interested, and would like me to make some sort of specific test, just let me know.

I am missing the AC adaptor, but do have the original carry strap, manual, memory preset stickers (unused), and receipt. I know this sounds self serving, but my primary goal is to find the radio a home with some DX'er that will appreciate it more than I do. Judging by the condition and prices listed on Universal Radio and Ebay, I think $250 (with free shipping) should be an attractive price.

Please post or PM any questions. I accept PayPal, and will ship by Priority Mail within the continental U.S. only please, within 24 hours of payment.

Last edited:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sony ICF-2010 Classic Multi-band Radio

The ICF-2010 is true classic and the condition based on your photos is excellent. I am listening to mine now as I type.

CLB I wrote a review on the ICF-2010 back in 2016 in the Small Radio Thread on the CPF (Post 2074). I don't know if the review will help you sell your radio but I linked the review below and will gladly remove it if you wish. Good luck selling your 2010.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...able-Radio-s&p=4907449&viewfull=1#post4907449

CLB

Newly Enlightened

Thank you, Lebkuecher, for taking time to post your comments and the link to your informative review!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Leb, if i buy this radio does Rod still do the upgrades?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I lost contact with Rod a few years ago so I have no idea. There is an ICF-2010 user group so trouble shooting and knowledge resources are out there if needed. If I had an issue with my 2010 today, I would probably reach out to Thomas with SWLing.com and ask for a referral. Thomas has a friend Vlado who works on the classics as a hobby, he recapped a couple of Panasonic RF-2200 a few years ago and did a great job.

Keep in mind the reason I sent my radio to Rod was I was getting an error 3 message so there was an issue. If I were gong to buy a another ICF-2010 I would want to the seller to test the unit and offer assurance the radio is in working order. What makes CLB's 2010 appealing is you have the original buyer selling the unit with little usage.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. I just sent Vlado an email to see what he sez

CLB

Newly Enlightened

Thomas has a friend Vlado who works on the classics as a hobby, he recapped a couple of Panasonic RF-2200 a few years ago and did a great job.

Steve, I just sent you a PM. Thanks for checking.

CLB

Newly Enlightened

This listing has been sold. Thanks to everyone who looked.