I Updated My NUBM44-V2/81 7W+ Blue Laser!

Accutronitis

Newly Enlightened
I Updated My NUBM44-V2/81 7W+ Blue Laser with a large copper heat sink made by lifetime17 a while back, it works great and looks much better!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome, did you post these on LPF? You should!
Looks like a BE from sanwu?
Is it using a G2 lens or something else like G8? If that is a sanwu BE, does that BE only work with the G2? The reason I ask is because DTR now has a G8 lens which seems like a better lens than the G2 and if the BE works on a G8, that would be great.

Last edited:

Accutronitis

Newly Enlightened
I'm IP banned at LPF :wave:

But, yes I'm using a DTR G2 lens and a Sanwu 3X BE, they work great together!

There's a problem using the G8 with a NUBM44-V2/81 diode as the fast axes diverges so quickly it is clipped by the G8 lens as the G8 has a much longer focal length and as such it sits much farther away from the NUBM44 diode...

I'm also using a cylinder lens pair on the wild fast axes to get it to very closely match the slow axes before the beam enters the BE which works great!!! I designed my own cylinder lens pair mounting system that is way smaller than anything I've ever seen made by anyone at LPF, it's a mere 30mm OD aluminum tube and about 4 inches long! it has a sliding independent platform rail system that lets me move the 2 lens in or out from the collimating lens and from each other! The BE just slips onto the end of the 30mm tube and has a small set screw, all together there are 5 lenses between the wild output of the
NUBM44 diode and the output of the BE that uses and shapes all of the output of that single most powerful diode available today into a low diverging beam!

The
sanwu BE has one of the largest input lens sizes of all the BE I've seen that don't cost a small fortune so it should work well with most all lasers...

I would match my
NUBM44 up against any NUBM44 laser ever built on LPF for power output, spot size at distance using a 3X BE, beam quality, and overall size of the laser assembly any day!:wave:

All of the cylinder lens pair mounts I've ever seen people make at LPF are HUGE!!! Mine is a mere 30mm by 4 inches and is fully adjustable! :twothumbs

Last edited: