What is the origin of your screen-name?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've seen a lot of interesting screen-names here. Most are probably descriptive of one's occupation, hobbies or recreational passions. What does yours mean?

Mine means that I work with things that either produce or use light - fiber optics, videowalls, other video-centric stuff.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Right now, my website's name.

In the past, it was a Digimon's name (Wormmon, Stingmon), and a name I had used for many years that I found on the cover of a magazine in the mid-1980s (Telephony, pronounced "tell a FONE' ey").

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
i
ken (Scottish for "know")
du (French for "of")

I choose this for my website name when I was starting a consulting company...selling my knowledge. The service is no more...but I kept the name.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
The initial of my first name...my last name...and the year I graduated from highschool! ttran97! Wow, my 10 year highschool reunion is coming up soon! eek!

Greta

Flashaholic
My first dog's name... which was a throw back to my Russian heritage... all of my cocker spaniels have Russian names.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
My parents are the source of my screen name. It's my name, I thought it was kinda silly for someone of my age (retired) to be using an made up name.

While we're on the subject....why do folks not put their location in?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I've been getting away to a shack out in the Mojave for 20 years or so. (No power, phone, etc, but one hell of a view!) When the friend who owned it decided to get outta the "People's Republik," me and a friend bought it from him. He had named his 100yds of driveway from the main dirt road "Television Overdose Road." After the desert ate the paint off the post, he shortened it to TVOD Rd. When I got my first computer in Jan, 2K I suddenly needed an email addy. I would have been abt #1xx of every combination of my name I could come up with! tvodrd, however was no prob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A few years back my son and I were involved in the Indian Guides program at our YMCA. Our tribe was the Ojibwas and I was Flying Turtle. My son was Sunset Salamander. The image you see with my name is actually from a section of the totem pole our tribe made.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Seven years ago I purchased a 1953 GMC from a guy named Jim. He had "Jimmie" written on the drivers side door.

I decided to redo the pin striping on the truck and asked the pin striper if he could change the name. He indicated that it was no problem.

I picked "SilverFox" because I have grey in my hair and I am as smart and cunning as a Fox.

My wife calls me a "distinguished looking smart a$$", but we won't go there... I like "SilverFox" better.

Tom

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
We were looking for a name for our homestead. Our children wanted Whit's End from Adventures in Odyssey but my wife and I thought it was too frivolous. Well a few years later and still no name my wife was reading Psalm 107, and there was Wits' End.
BTW a pet peave of mine--Wits is plural so the apostrophe (possesive) goes AFTER the s
BTW2 we are often at our wits' end with 13 children, a mile of muddy road, farm animals Etc............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
While we're on the subject....why do folks not put their location in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my reasons... PM me if you want to know.