What headlamp on protected 18650s?

ltec

Newly Enlightened
I was just about to buy a h600fc zebralight and then I realised it could only take unprotected 18650. I can't get unprotected batteries in Northern Ireland but I can get nearly every other. Easiest is olight.
I already have a skilhunt h03 and was looking another head torch. I heard so much about the brilliant flood on zebralight i was sure that was the torch.
I use the head torch for everything.
Farming, car repairs, wiring and walking.
I want 18650 for good run times and fairly floody what would you recommend now?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
it might be worth checking out the Sofirm SP40, I`v got one on order myself and rarely use anything other than protected cells. but do check it out first ;)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at Ecolux?
Norb is a great guy and sells protected and unprotected cells at good prices.
I'm sure he'd sell to NI.
P

ltec

Newly Enlightened
Have you looked at Ecolux?
Norb is a great guy and sells protected and unprotected cells at good prices.
I'm sure he'd sell to NI.
P

I've sent him an email to find out, but every one else said you can't post them by air unless they are inside a torch.

geokite

Newly Enlightened
The battery just cannot be longer than 69mm. There is no restrictions on protected/unprotected.

I was just about to buy a h600fc zebralight and then I realised it could only take unprotected 18650. I can't get unprotected batteries in Northern Ireland but I can get nearly every other. Easiest is olight.
I already have a skilhunt h03 and was looking another head torch. I heard so much about the brilliant flood on zebralight i was sure that was the torch.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can usually just take off the outer-most wrap of a protected battery, and remove the protection circuit, and then you have the original flat-top cell they use. But that's an expensive way to buy flat-top cells. I'd look into some of the European sellers of batteries to see if you can get them that way. They often ship them with labels saying something like "flashlight parts", if you're worried about customs seizing batteries.

H600FC is my recommendation.

Why? Because your post is WRONG. :)

Their headlamps are the only Zebralight 18650 lights that can take protected or unprotected. And that is because they can take longer batteries than their flashlights.

The protection circuit is not a limitation on any Zebralight, only the length of battery.

Espresso_Junky

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix HM65R not too long ago and the thing is a fantastic headlamp and uses a protected 18650. Definitely the last headlamp I ever intend to buy/need.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to buy a h600fc zebralight and then I realised it could only take unprotected 18650.

Wait, what? I just purchased an H604c and I'm running a protected cell in it...I'm using the Zebralight branded 18650. Works like a charm.

Look under Accessories for the ZL635 3500mAh 18650 Protected Li-ion Battery. "Compatible with: All generations of H600/H60x." 67.2mm long.

EDIT: Ah. Ships to US customers only. Sorry.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Re post #2, I can confirm that the SP40 doesn`t take protected 18650`s, even if you could manage to squish one in you`de never get it back out the tube without possibly damaging the battery.

3L3M3NT

Newly Enlightened

McSpeed

Newly Enlightened
Check out Fenix HM65R. Your batteries will work AND it has both flood AND spot. Best all around headlamp to fit a variety of needs.