Torch to replace a pd35?

ltec

Newly Enlightened
My fenix pd35 has stopped working. At first I didn't like the torch but found myself that every time I had to grab a torch it was it I used and now I realise it was my favourite. I used it for everything. Farming, walks, car repairs or along with my head torch.
So is their now any better edc torches.
I liked the clicky button that it couldn't turn on buy mistake.
It also has to take protected batteries.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wowtac A1S. It is essentially the same thing (about 1mm longer), but made by Wowtac and supported by Thrunight. I have one myself and it is totally worth the money. I did manage to take a look at a PD35 at my local sporting goods store and from what I recall I would choose the Wowtac as it feels sturdier. The Wowtac is also rated at 1150 lumens vs the PD35s 1000 lumens. If that matters to you. The Fenix does have the nearly moonlight mode but otherwise they match up almost identically. If you want something significantly smaller but functionally similar then I would recommend the Wowtac A7. The rear forward clickie is not too easy to press and is mostly the same as the A1S which is similar to the Fenix being protected by the lanyard ears...and same side mounted mode switch. Both of the Wowtacs are just simple on/off operation with the separate side switch for changing output. I just wish I would have discovered them a long time ago...and that they would have been around back then.

Also: The A7 actually has something like a moonlight mode. I'm not sure if it is literally one lumen...but it is definitely close. Probably similar to the Fenix as well. It also has a micro-usb charging port if you should choose to use it.

Last edited: