where is your flashlight playground?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
me i walk into the woods around midnight so i dont disturb others. so what about you?

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously everywhere!

Mostly my house, backyard.
We have lots of wooded trails around and when we go for walks I take a wall of light to navigate and a grower for fun.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
ok, this is going to sound a bit sad/lame, but I live right in the middle of town and you can`t fire a beam more than a few metres without hitting some sort of building, shop or house.
So... I wait until Night time and if it`s raining or snowing I use the sky!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok, this is going to sound a bit sad/lame, but I live right in the middle of town and you can`t fire a beam more than a few metres without hitting some sort of building, shop or house.
So... I wait until Night time and if it`s raining or snowing I use the sky!
im sure everyone around here thinks im nuts lol because in the fog i do the same at least i quit giigleing lol

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
im sure everyone around here thinks im nuts lol because in the fog i do the same at least i quit giigleing lol

I think you can use anywhere with a bit of imagination really, this morning I was in my bedroom melting black plastic that some books had arrived in, and spent the rest of the time looking for an air freshener that would get rid of the burnt plastic smell and wishing I`d worn sunglasses. but it was great fun! :D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Anywhere it's dark or dark shadows lurk. It's kinda like being Spiderman. Only it'll be called Flashlight Man.
You never know where his nemesis Shadow Man lurks day or night, but when he shows up Flashlight Man is there thwart his evil scheme and shine light onto darkness.

Crayon under a sofa masked by Shadow Man? "Katchow!"
Flashlight Man foils the plot.
Lights in the city of Megtropolis are suddenly snatched away in another sinister plan?
"Ztwatt!" Insta-light by Flashlight Man.

And unlike those other super powered blokes like Superboy or Spider Dude who have the same stale out fit day after day, night after night……with just another spiderweb or boring old X-Ray vision, Flashlight Man has lots of super tools in his arsonal. Tiny beam, big beam, ugly beam to scare Shadowman, cool beam to zap his retinas, firefly beam to answer the call of nature at midnight without waking Mrs Flashlight Man, just to name a few.
Now to discuss every weapon in Flashlight Man's quiver would potentially alert Shadow Man of how to prepare for the next caper so we'll just leave it there.

Rk-EKl-s-200x150.gif

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The middle of the residential street, aiming straight along the middle of the street. Only one light is too powerful/too floody for the neighbors: Imalent MS18.
My second location as at the church, located on a hill; I drive there with my power throwers and dedicated throwers.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Mountain in Ramona, CA. Barely anyone around at night, mainly bike riders and people offroading. 7 miles each way gives plenty of time to use a bright light in the middle of nowhere. Watch out for snakes,scorpions, and large animals if you hike at night. Bring at least a 200 lumen light. 1000+ lumens isn't too much on that road. Bring at least 3 liters of water as it's a long, strenuous hike. If you have a four wheel drive vehicle with good ground clearance, you can drive up instead.

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
me i walk into the woods around midnight so i dont disturb others. so what about you?

I used to go out at night to walk my dogs around a 3 mile loop of a lake dotted with homes. When cars would appear they'd see me all right. I often carried my Polarion and others so if battery died I'd have a backup. Now I just shine them in my backyard or go to top of driveway and see how far down the road they reach.

I have a huge warehouse all to myself. Lots of fun playing with lights in between shooting arrows or sub sonic target practice. :thumbsup:

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
---Grounds Of Play---

In the suburbs I aim for tree tops as to spare the neighbors. In rural areas it's along tree lines when I'm on foot because I am now convinced skunks are either the sneakiest animals on the planet or they can teleport. In the office or at home on the couch watching a movie I can be found handling lights without necessarily turning them on. On back roads I like to hold handhelds out the window to use as spot lights while chugging along slowly. My work commute typically involves a light or two while trying to make it door to door without breaking my neck, especially in the wee hours and/or colder months.

For those of you equally obsessed I think you will agree the hobby is easily discrete, cheap after buy-in and offers a good amount of entertainment and fascination. Good topic and very interesting posts!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Anywhere it's dark or dark shadows lurk. It's kinda like being Spiderman. Only it'll be called Flashlight Man.
You never know where his nemesis Shadow Man lurks day or night, but when he shows up Flashlight Man is there thwart his evil scheme and shine light onto darkness.

Crayon under a sofa masked by Shadow Man? "Katchow!"
Flashlight Man foils the plot.
Lights in the city of Megtropolis are suddenly snatched away in another sinister plan?
"Ztwatt!" Insta-light by Flashlight Man.

And unlike those other super powered blokes like Superboy or Spider Dude who have the same stale out fit day after day, night after night……with just another spiderweb or boring old X-Ray vision, Flashlight Man has lots of super tools in his arsonal. Tiny beam, big beam, ugly beam to scare Shadowman, cool beam to zap his retinas, firefly beam to answer the call of nature at midnight without waking Mrs Flashlight Man, just to name a few.
Now to discuss every weapon in Flashlight Man's quiver would potentially alert Shadow Man of how to prepare for the next caper so we'll just leave it there.

Rk-EKl-s-200x150.gif

LOL, and Shadow Man, does love to hide those crayons! :wave:

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
---Rechargeable Obsession---

I should add that I also have a deep obsession with all things rechargeable as well. I keep a dry erase board with all rechargeable lights, batteries and devices listed along with the dates of their last full charge. I don't like to go more than a month without topping everything off even the things that mainly live in drawers, on shelves and/or in backpacks and bags. The dry erase board is running out of room so I'm thinking of converting to a printed list on a clipboard. Overall the hobby allows me to satiate obsessive compulsive drives while serving a purposes. Autism can be a quite lonely place which makes forums of hyper focused interests such as this quite refreshing. This site is awesome!

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
---Grounds Of Play---

In the suburbs I aim for tree tops as to spare the neighbors. In rural areas it's along tree lines when I'm on foot because I am now convinced skunks are either the sneakiest animals on the planet or they can teleport. In the office or at home on the couch watching a movie I can be found handling lights without necessarily turning them on. On back roads I like to hold handhelds out the window to use as spot lights while chugging along slowly. My work commute typically involves a light or two while trying to make it door to door without breaking my neck, especially in the wee hours and/or colder months.

For those of you equally obsessed I think you will agree the hobby is easily discrete, cheap after buy-in and offers a good amount of entertainment and fascination. Good topic and very interesting posts!
Thanks for mentioning skunks. One of my dogs had a meet and greet with one the other night. When he came inside I thought I'd puke.

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
---Skunk Pandemic---

I live, work and recreate around Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa. That being said I have never in my life seen so much wild life. A few friends and I are guessing it has to do with an overall drop in human activity. Perhaps the world became a somewhat safer and quieter place for the animals since the virus locked people down. That is the only reason I can come up with for the explosion in wild life populations in my area.

Then again a lot of sporting goods stores in my area are low on everything from ammunition to simple fishing gear which makes me think more folks are venturing into the great outdoors than usual. At any rate the skunks are unreal this year, even in urban areas. My kids keep multiple lights on them. They love being on skunk-spotting-duty while the wife and I star gaze. Gives them a very good reason to use their lights.

Last edited: