What are Gatlights worth today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been around in quite sometime. About 5 or so years ago I saw a few Gatlights for sake here and bought them. Have they increased in value? Are they an easy sell? Ty.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I haven't been around in quite sometime. About 5 or so years ago I saw a few Gatlights for sake here and bought them. Have they increased in value? Are they an easy sell? Ty.

Sorry, we don't do "price fishing" threads here on CPF.

Searching for completed sales is the recommended advice.

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
So I just did a search and the last for sale thread is 6 years ago. How am I supposed to garner info from such a stale thread? Is the idea to put it up for sale and see what the market will bear?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Pretty much. Price what you think it's worth, and lower the price every few days. Haven't seen many gat light sales over the years. Had a few at one point. Nice lights.

So I just did a search and the last for sale thread is 6 years ago. How am I supposed to garner info from such a stale thread? Is the idea to put it up for sale and see what the market will bear?

Facebook flashlight groups. Ebay. "Gatlight for sale" on Google, etc., etc.

If you want to post a sale or discuss pricing of any kind, you need to follow the rules. If you don't see a sale of Gatlights on here then that might be an indicator of their popularity.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yep, there are plenty of resources available via websearch.

Collectibles are only "worth" what someone is willing to actually pay (and for a price at which someone will sell)

Those factors constantly vary with supply and demand, and change over time.

Talk is just talk :shrug:

Last edited:

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
Facebook flashlight groups. Ebay. "Gatlight for sale" on Google, etc., etc.

If you want to post a sale or discuss pricing of any kind, you need to follow the rules. If you don't see a sale of Gatlights on here then that might be an indicator of their popularity.

Im not arguing with you. It's not my style or nature. I have over 30k posts combined in more than 15 years on forums ranging from Canon cameras (POTN), to Porsche forums, to Ford Raptor forums, etc. I don't intend to run afoul of any forum's rules.

I did Google gatlights for sale and the only thing that comes up is sales on this forum from 2015. Kind of hard to get an idea of price five years later.

I am not on Facebook.

I also may very well at times be dense, but I read your statement about an indicator of their popularity two ways. One, they are not desirable and that's why I see no sales of them. 2. They are so popular and highly sought after that those who own them choose not to part with them and thus don't list them for sale. I'm guessing you meant the former.

All that said, I'm not going to be forced to eat hamburger instead of steak if I don't list my lights for sale. This has grown much larger than I intended. All I wanted to hear is they are worth about 250 or about 750 by those here who know much more than do I. I don't see how asking that is violative of any rule or hurts or harms anyone, but it is what it is. Ty.

turbodog

Flashaholic
My off the cuff opinion, after owning and selling one, if that they are not worth a premium. They are cool, yes. They are also very bulky and not pocket friendly. Output is low by modern standards. Beam was not wonderful. Mine had serious brightness issues from tolerance problems in the tailcap.

So, short answer is probably more around your $250 figure. $750 money is quite high for most ANY light.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I owned four of these and all had issues with their switch, wouldn´t work properly. Cool looking ights but totaly impractical. Nowadays most flashoholics are not interested in these I assume.... not much to get for a gatlight today.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I owned four of these and all had issues with their switch, wouldn´t work properly. Cool looking ights but totaly impractical. Nowadays most flashoholics are not interested in these I assume.... not much to get for a gatlight today.

Yeah. I sold a tuxedo model for less than $200 a few years back I think. Condition was excellent. And tuxedo was like black aluminum rings with titanium rods I think... one of the nicer models ever made.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Before this "evolves" further into an informal sales thread, we'll close it now.

Seems like OP should have a good general sense of the info they were seeking by now.

If you decide you would like to open a WTS thread eventually, you will need a Supporter Badge, available here ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/IconLegend1.html

Thanks all :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.