What Things Visible From a Window Would Someone Never Leave On?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went on an artificial candle quest some years back, and recently went through another binge as of late.

I wound up gifting the "moving flame" type candles by Luminara to colleagues (who loved them!) because they felt delicate, fragile, not at all well built, and I thought the movement of the flame was kind of...off. They moved a lot more than a real candle would, because, presumably, a real candle, indoors, in a dining room, living room, kitchen, etc., will not be subject to major air currents that waffle the wick all about.

Instead, I bought some Candle Impressions candles of the older variety, which do not have a visible wick, but they, too, look off; in this case, more orange than yellow or white as a proper candle should look.

My dad and I built a photocontroller wired to an AC outlet installed in a single gang box, and I installed it on the bottom of a window yesterday.

I also have a FakeTV I bought which projects light towards a window; however, there are reports on Amazon of some of those randomly catching on fire, which makes me hesitant to use it.

So:

With everything above by way of prologue, what other things, visible through a window at night, would your average human not leave on after leaving the house?

I can use a power strip to attach more devices to my photocontroller, and I am curious what the minds at CPF might come up with as regards some other kind of a...thing which people would not leave on when leaving home.

Last edited:

Latest posts