Imalent        

Thread: Thoughts on Zipka+?

Default Thoughts on Zipka+?

I was thinking of picking one of these up. Anyone have one? What do you think of it? Thanks.

-Josh

Default Re: Thoughts on Zipka+?

anyone have one?

Yes. Very light weight, bright enough, multiple brightness levels. Used a regular (dimmer) zipka on a trip to S. America. Used it as my main light for high altitude mountaineering. Once I used it to climb a 19,000 ft peak, and I accidentally left it on and the next night went again for another peak- great for lighting up crevasses, etc. Unless you are dealing with lots of light pollution it's an excellent light. At this point the only one from Petzl I would invest in. What are you thinking of using it for?

I would like to use it as a reading light and a general headlamp (this would be my first headlamp) Does it put out enough for around the house tasks?

Flashaholic*

I have two Petzl Zipkas(not Zipka+). I have had them for about two years. They are enough light for most task light type use. They provide about twice as much light as a ARC AAA and have good runtime. They are great for reading and general use. Their strong point is that they are so compact. I travel a lot on my job and I keep one in my luggage always.

They rock. My zipka was my EDC (fits nicely in a pocket) before I got the 2AAA eLed.

I have the Zipka and Zipka +, like both. They can be wrapped around many things (Arms, Rods, Limbs etc.) and stand on the base or tilted down on the face. Prefer the multiple settings on the Plus.

For around the house task it's fine...for reading in bed it's great. I like lights that have no rear battery pack because if I'm reading in bed or my sleeping bag I don't like a bump in the back of my head. Although Lithium AAAs will be out soon, I've used my Zipka + in temperatures down to about zero F, and I think because it's on the forehead no problem at all. Not much "throw" but plenty of light for hiking, mountaineering, around the house use, etc. Excellent for "light and fast" hiking fad use.

Flashaholic*

The light itself is nice, but what's nicer is the retracting headband cord - makes it really compact, easier to store than other headbands, and it is surprisingly comfortable.

You guys got me sold [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'll buy one ASAP [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]