Charger Inquiry...

Espresso_Junky

Newly Enlightened
Quick question on charging AA/AAAs... for quite a few years I've had the Powerex MH-C9000, which has proven to be a very good/reliable charger. In the last 8-9 months I've acquired a few lights that use 18650s, but both have built-in charging. I had considered going to something like the SkyRC MC3000 for charging the 18650s and AA/AAAs that I use in other lights. Thing is the onboard charging of both of those lights seems to work quite well and both are quality brands, so that might work out long term. I only have 3 18650 cells and don't really plan to buy anymore based on current use, so bulk charging isn't needed. Was wondering if something like the MC3000 would be better/different for AA/AAA (Eneloop Pros in this case) than the Powerex/Maha I already have, which seems to do pretty much anything needed for those cells. Thanks in advance!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Espresso Junky,

Welcome to CPF.

The MC3000 will do a great job with your Eneloop cells as well as your 18650 cells.

Tom

skid00skid00

Newly Enlightened
I have both chargers. The maha gets my Eneloops much hotter than the MC. I now just use the MC for all my cells - AAA, 10440, AA, 14500, RCR123A, 18650, and 21700. (I went wild last year, and bought LED lights in all sizes, for fun).

Programming the MC can be confusing at first, but it's a great charger that lets you see a temp history for each cell as it charges.