Mini Mag

light-modder

Enlightened
What are typical prices for these? I believe I read a bit ago that they are no longer being produced. The local Ace has a couple but they want almost 12 dollars for them. Seems kind of high to me but wondering what you all think.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rarely see them as low as $9. Generally, they're $12-$14. Just because something is no longer manufactured doesn't mean the price will change, and if it does, supply and demand dictates that price will increase. The last new MiniMag sold will be the most expensive one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
They used to go for $19.99 when I bought my first one at Wal Mart in the 90's. Later I paid $14.99 at Wal Mart. Last one I bought at Wal Mart was $12.99, (not including ones on clearance for $7.99.)

I see them at Amazon between $10 and $20 depending on the color. Black is cheapest, camo is most expensive.
So $12 is about normal.

light-modder

Enlightened
Thank you all for the comments. I'll likely pick them up soonish.

I do imagine that they may be sought after in a few years but I'll probably open them up and use them anyway. I actually have plans to mod them but I have plans to mod a lot of other lights and it doesn't happen very fast so they may still be unused in ten years, who knows.

Seeing as I must be remembering correctly as no one has said different I will grab them sooner rather than later. Just in case.

There is also one AAA version, which I've wanted to check out, I don't remember the price for sure but I think it was similar.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I used to prefer the incan aaa minimag. The output for such a small flashlight was amazing back in the day. Trouble was it began to dim so much faster than the aa model.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember grabbing a bunch of these from Target on closeout for $1.77 a piece I believe. Back around 2007. Nowadays you'll still find them around, but I don't know if they are being made any more as Maglite is consolidating their production and only appears to be making incan lights in limited numbers now. There's plenty out there in the ten dollar range yet. I do like the AAA model as well, but it has always been harder to find.

I'm shocked they never made a AAA LED model with the efficiency of emitters compared to incan bulbs as that size is a bit more handy. I do prefer the AAA model over the AA, but not by a wide margin.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
The incan 2AAA Minimag was my pocket EDC back in the 90's. Had the little pocketclip superglued near the tailcap in the bezel down position. Great little light.

And I always had a 2AA somewhere in my kit, usually on my belt with my Leatherman PST II or in my backpack.

light-modder

Enlightened
Finally remembered to stop by earlier in the week. Much to my dismay the 2AAA was gone. I don't know if I'm sad or upset, lol. Maybe one day I'll find one.

They have three of the AA version so I may grab those soon.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I just bought my first Genuine Mini mag NOS (in Red) for £14 on eBay, the price label still on it said £17.99.
not a bad little light with some DC-Fix on it and a pair of eneloops, perfect for night time reading! :)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a bunch back in 2006 or so when Target closed them out for $2.22 each. It was the copper ones, and some other colors. I think some were even $1.88. Now I'm happy to get them for $9-$11. The Solitaires were like $.96.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought my first Genuine Mini mag NOS (in Red) for £14 on eBay, the price label still on it said £17.99.
not a bad little light with some DC-Fix on it and a pair of eneloops, perfect for night time reading! :)

That makes sense. The UK and Canadian markets are a whole different thing.