Lowest Lumen output on Delta with 219c 5k

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what the lowest lumen output was on the Delta in moonlight as well as the weight on the blasted nickel version. Thanks

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened
Definitely less than 1 lumen. The minimum output is 0.04% of max (3.4A). When I turn it on at this level, I can cup the light and put it directly to my eye and it is almost invisible. The glow board is brighter. The weight of my special edition is 118 g (4.16 oz) with batter, which should be the same as the blasted nickel as they are both aluminum with copper heat sink.

Hope that helps.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Definitely less than 1 lumen. The minimum output is 0.04% of max (3.4A). When I turn it on at this level, I can cup the light and put it directly to my eye and it is almost invisible. The glow board is brighter. The weight of my special edition is 118 g (4.16 oz) with batter, which should be the same as the blasted nickel as they are both aluminum with copper heat sink.

Hope that helps.

Yes thank you. I was doing the calculation as 0.04% of the maximum lumen output and was coming up with a higher number of lumens, good to hear it is less than 1. Having trouble deciding between the Delta and the BOSS.

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened
The Delta is much nicer from a fit and finish standpoint. The way it fits together, the copper heatsink, the finishes. Jason does this better than anyone in my opinion. The driver programming and operation is very similar to an H17f. It is programmable and functional.

The BOSS is more unique in the shape and probably a bit more pocketable. The build quality is also very good. The clip is great. The function on the BOSS is top notch. The programming is unique with tons of options. You can go sublumen all the way up to 3,000 lumens with the 70 tube. Tint on the LEDs aren't as nice. The finish isn't as good. You can get an extra body to use 18350 or 18650s.

Both of these lights will do anything you need from an EDC light standpoint. If you care more about light tint and fit and finish of the light, go with the Delta. If you area big flashlight geek that will play around with the programming and want some of the extras (bounce detection, timer, secondaries) then go with the BOSS.

Best option, get both on secondary market here and resell one. You'd probably only lose PayPal fees and shipping costs. :)

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for that reply and comparison. I do find it helpful. I was really set on the BOSS 35 and then I saw a video on the Delta and ever since then I've really been leaning more towards the Delta. The programming of the BOSS I don't feel is a big draw for me. Besides the intial programming, I probably wouldn't change very often.

How often do the Delta's become available? I've signed up for the notification of the dark sucks site.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for that reply and comparison. I do find it helpful. I was really set on the BOSS 35 and then I saw a video on the Delta and ever since then I've really been leaning more towards the Delta. The programming of the BOSS I don't feel is a big draw for me. Besides the intial programming, I probably wouldn't change very often.

How often do the Delta's become available? I've signed up for the notification of the dark sucks site.
All Delta's are Blue Label custom lights right now. The Blue Label list is the best option. As of this reply the Titanium Raw Prometheus Groove and the Brass Prometheus groove can be ordered.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
The Delta is much nicer from a fit and finish standpoint. The way it fits together, the copper heatsink, the finishes. Jason does this better than anyone in my opinion. The driver programming and operation is very similar to an H17f. It is programmable and functional.

The BOSS is more unique in the shape and probably a bit more pocketable. The build quality is also very good. The clip is great. The function on the BOSS is top notch. The programming is unique with tons of options. You can go sublumen all the way up to 3,000 lumens with the 70 tube. Tint on the LEDs aren't as nice. The finish isn't as good. You can get an extra body to use 18350 or 18650s.

Both of these lights will do anything you need from an EDC light standpoint. If you care more about light tint and fit and finish of the light, go with the Delta. If you area big flashlight geek that will play around with the programming and want some of the extras (bounce detection, timer, secondaries) then go with the BOSS.

Best option, get both on secondary market here and resell one. You'd probably only lose PayPal fees and shipping costs. :)

This comparison was spot on and I ended up buying both and I will be keeping both. The Delta is in fact nicer from a fit and finish standpoint and it just feels more substantial in your hand. The BOSS is no slouch here by any means and I feel like the BOSS is more durable and the programmability of the BOSS is superior. I got the BOSS 70 and I will get a 35 body as well to complete the set. If you're debating between these two lights then this description is an absolute spot on comparison.