Klarus        

Thread: got sick of cast iron seasoning coming off so

Default got sick of cast iron seasoning coming off so

i bought one of them copper pans. they use some kind of voodoo eggs come out not oil used on pan ever. ya do need a spatula. but i love this pan so far
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: got sick of cast iron seasoning coming off so

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    i bought one of them copper pans. they use some kind of voodoo eggs come out not oil used on pan ever. ya do need a spatula. but i love this pan so far
    New Posts brought me here. I did not know that there was an Adventuring and Questing > Gear > Cooking/Food section in this forum. I do food, but I do not do cooking. I stopped cooking when I went vegan five years ago. I got tired of burning the oatmeal and burning the tofu. I did reduced functionality cooking a few years before I went vegan, when I got tired of burning the tuna fish and burning the ramen noodles. If I want my food hot, I eat fresh, raw jalapeno, serrano or habanero peppers. If I want warm tofu or warm oatmeal, I stick it in the microwave for one minute or shine my MS18 on it for 15 seconds.
    It could be worse. Common dangerous pet animals donít have antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    I had one of those green ceramic pans. You have to season them, or they begin to fail pretty quickly.
    I have one of those copper ceramic pans. I believe that it would have lasted longer if I was the only person who used it, but it has gotten progressively worse. I have scoured it a few times with Comet, or Ajax, and then seasoned it, but after it gets washed, especially in the dishwasher, it needs to be re-seasoned again.

A Stainless Steel pan, with a little drizzle of olive oil, and a tissue to wipe it smoothly onto all its cooking surface. IMO, That's the way to go! Clean it immediately after use, a little soap and water, and a plastic scrubbie and you are done in a heart beat.
    Last edited by Poppy; 09-10-2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: sentence structure.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Most sticky pans would not be as sticky if the burner was turned down a touch. :-)

As you know, unless you spend $500 and the pan is lined with tin on the inside, these "copper" pans are just ceramic non-stick pans that are copper colored. Like all ceramic pans, they will turn to utter crap in a few months. For a lasting non-stick frying pan, Calphalon Signature line is one of the best. It's essentially a teflon pan that you can use metal utensils on. It will last for many years of very hard use. Or you can spend the big bucks on a copper/tin saute pan. Even copper pan manufacturers recommend cast iron for frying.
    Last edited by JimIslander; 09-10-2020 at 04:49 AM.

I have been using a Woll Saphir Lite Induction Frypan 32cm for years itís German made and has been excellent, doesnít scratch with metal implements (though I wouldnít bang the sides with metal) it has only discoloured a bit in the centre, best frypan Iíve ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    New Posts brought me here. I did not know that there was an Adventuring and Questing > Gear > Cooking/Food section in this forum. I do food, but I do not do cooking. I stopped cooking when I went vegan five years ago. I got tired of burning the oatmeal and burning the tofu. I did reduced functionality cooking a few years before I went vegan, when I got tired of burning the tuna fish and burning the ramen noodles. If I want my food hot, I eat fresh, raw jalapeno, serrano or habanero peppers. If I want warm tofu or warm oatmeal, I stick it in the microwave for one minute or shine my MS18 on it for 15 seconds.

Come-on, richbuff, be honest. What brought you here was the opportunity to tell us you've gone vegan.
    The question is no longer - What will they do? It's now - Is there anything they won't do?

raggie33, The deal with cast iron is to not wash it with soap.
    The question is no longer - What will they do? It's now - Is there anything they won't do?