got sick of cast iron seasoning coming off so

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i bought one of them copper pans. they use some kind of voodoo eggs come out not oil used on pan ever. ya do need a spatula. but i love this pan so far

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
i bought one of them copper pans. they use some kind of voodoo eggs come out not oil used on pan ever. ya do need a spatula. but i love this pan so far

New Posts brought me here. I did not know that there was an Adventuring and Questing > Gear > Cooking/Food section in this forum. I do food, but I do not do cooking. I stopped cooking when I went vegan five years ago. I got tired of burning the oatmeal and burning the tofu. I did reduced functionality cooking a few years before I went vegan, when I got tired of burning the tuna fish and burning the ramen noodles. If I want my food hot, I eat fresh, raw jalapeno, serrano or habanero peppers. If I want warm tofu or warm oatmeal, I stick it in the microwave for one minute or shine my MS18 on it for 15 seconds.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I had one of those green ceramic pans. You have to season them, or they begin to fail pretty quickly.
I have one of those copper ceramic pans. I believe that it would have lasted longer if I was the only person who used it, but it has gotten progressively worse. I have scoured it a few times with Comet, or Ajax, and then seasoned it, but after it gets washed, especially in the dishwasher, it needs to be re-seasoned again.

A Stainless Steel pan, with a little drizzle of olive oil, and a tissue to wipe it smoothly onto all its cooking surface. IMO, That's the way to go! Clean it immediately after use, a little soap and water, and a plastic scrubbie and you are done in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Most sticky pans would not be as sticky if the burner was turned down a touch. :)

As you know, unless you spend $500 and the pan is lined with tin on the inside, these "copper" pans are just ceramic non-stick pans that are copper colored. Like all ceramic pans, they will turn to utter crap in a few months. For a lasting non-stick frying pan, Calphalon Signature line is one of the best. It's essentially a teflon pan that you can use metal utensils on. It will last for many years of very hard use. Or you can spend the big bucks on a copper/tin saute pan. Even copper pan manufacturers recommend cast iron for frying. :D

Last edited:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using a Woll Saphir Lite Induction Frypan 32cm for years it's German made and has been excellent, doesn't scratch with metal implements (though I wouldn't bang the sides with metal) it has only discoloured a bit in the centre, best frypan I've ever owned.

New Posts brought me here. I did not know that there was an Adventuring and Questing > Gear > Cooking/Food section in this forum. I do food, but I do not do cooking. I stopped cooking when I went vegan five years ago. I got tired of burning the oatmeal and burning the tofu. I did reduced functionality cooking a few years before I went vegan, when I got tired of burning the tuna fish and burning the ramen noodles. If I want my food hot, I eat fresh, raw jalapeno, serrano or habanero peppers. If I want warm tofu or warm oatmeal, I stick it in the microwave for one minute or shine my MS18 on it for 15 seconds.

Come-on, richbuff, be honest. What brought you here was the opportunity to tell us you've gone vegan. :laughing: