i trully love flashlights

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there is nothing non living thing i love more i still play with them everynight i trully hate the daytime. i wait all day to go out in the woods and play with my lights there is something so calming about them

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is nothing non living thing i love more i still play with them everynight i trully hate the daytime. i wait all day to go out in the woods and play with my lights there is something so calming about them

I categorize this world in two classifications:

1. Secular. This includes the material world.

2. Ecclesiastic. This includes physical objects that are directly purposed for ecclesiastic use.

The Secular world contains two divisions: People, and Things. Of these, People are the most important.

Next, Things. Of all the Things in the Secular world, that are not related directly to ecclesiastic use, and that are also non-living, I believe that Flashlights are the most spiritual.

To sum: Of all non-living things that are non-ecclesiastic, I believe that flashlights are the most spiritual things.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You either love flashlights or you don't. I still find it incredible that everyone doesn't carry lights. They are a hell of a lot of fun to play with and use but also a very useful tool.But not everyone is like us. Some are sane😂😂😂

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
No need to curse the darkness when you can turn on a flashlight and obliterate it.
I've loved lights since I was a kid, I don't remember being afraid of the dark or not probably because I almost always had a flashlight.
I would have been in heaven if I was born 40 years later when white LEDs came on the market truly a game changer and nimh and lithium ion batteries too. First time I got rechargeable batteries and realized I could play with my lights all the time for essentially free.
I think I read more comic books late in the evening under the covers with a flashlight than most kids my age.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really love flashlights, too. But this time, it is different. These last few weeks have been the happiest of my life. This evening, I took my SC5c to the first place we met. We walked for a bit, and I held her gently in my hand. She was glowing and never so beautifully. Everything was just perfect, so I knelt down and popped the question. My SC5c was so overwhelmed, she couldn't answer... she was beaming, though, and I took that as an affirmative response.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
Y'all are weird.

No, I don't sit and just stare at my lights, pondering how finely crafted they are. Why would I do that?

Side note, I recently learned from my mom that apparently one of the first words I spoke was "lumens." It's kinda funny that I didn't even buy my first flashlight until age 19.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Y'all are weird.

No, I don't sit and just stare at my lights, pondering how finely crafted they are. Why would I do that?

I just wrote that for the lulz. Nobody does that. Are you kidding? Funny you thought others did. You reminded me of The Big Lebowski.

Side note, I recently learned from my mom that apparently one of the first words I spoke was "lumens." It's kinda funny that I didn't even buy my first flashlight until age 19.

That's pretty cool.

CSG

Newly Enlightened
To me, flashlights are tools to be used when needed (like power outages). As an amateur astronomer, the only flashlight I use at the telescope is a little 1 lumen red bulb keychain light. I tend to buy things in threes when it comes to most gear so I own a fair number of lights but the specific technology and all the terms that some of you throw around is beyond my interest or desire to understand. My goal for most lights is, good runtime, enough lumens to do the task, price, and size. I prefer the smaller pocket size with clips like the terrific Olight i3t EOS. But outside of incan Maglites, my first superlight (for its day) was the Gladius Nighthawk. Then I read about the little Fenix E01 and thought those would be a good choice for my daypacks. I've acquired the current V2 version as well along with the E05 and E12 (I have the new V2 on the way). A Streamlight Protac 90x (bought two) has retired the old Gladius. The only EDC flashlights I have other than when hiking are the Nitecore Tube V2 and Olight I1R 2 EOS on my keychain - both are outstanding in their design and operation IMO. Well, and my iPhone...

But going out and playing with them other to see what to expect in the dark? No. But I do love the fact that flashlights are so evolved from my childhood in the 60's.

Last edited:

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
My mom said the first thing out of my mouth as a child was me trying to say "ite". (short for Light)[emoji363][emoji362][emoji992]🪔[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk