Please Help me replace my Crelant CH10

Poppy

Flashaholic
I liked my Crelant CH10 so much I have about 4 of them. Unfortunately, each has become unreliable.

What I like about it:
It has a ramping UI with two positions of memory.
460 lumens high is high enough.
I like the XML2 emitter, but others would be acceptable.
Neutral white.
Big on-off switch, can be operated with gloves on.
The led is further away from my face than an L shaped light. It does seem to make a difference when bugs are attracted to the light.

ACtC-3cSIjXHh0JulnYbRYwcmG3bFncMiWKTipFPyU1bacjJ6b8OitBvim_1ettrdZDSCIVSG9xJCyYrjecHbvis9SN1jdwM1DXwjygbRA2--EwSiIQp3ZH5vdvU9Neaaz1yMKCkL4JPBHfB8TIA7oh_wT3g=w426-h757-no

JamisonM

Enlightened
What exactly is making them unreliable? What are they doing? There are lots of 18650 headlamps on the market, but it seems the style with the centered LED has gone out of fasion.

Poppy

Flashaholic
They don't always turn on.

Sometimes, they'll flicker at a very low output.
Sometimes they will turn on and function as they should.

Other than that, I really like them.

Mark620

Enlightened
Found this: SLONIK 1000 Lumen Rechargeable 2x CREE LED Headlamp w/ 2200 mAh Battery - Lightweight, Durable, Waterproof and Dustproof Headlight - Xtreme Bright 600 ft Beam <$40.00US

It does not protrude as much it has 2 leds in the center.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thanks Mark,
I don't recognize the manufacturer, and didn't find any particularly reputable reviewers.
Most reviews are amazon reviews, which I honestly didn't even look at.

The other reviews were either sales reviews, or camping world type reviews, that include a list of other no-name products as among the top ten. One of those reviewers mentioned that the switch may begin to fail with time, as a con.

I do appreciate the effort though.
Poppy