What is coming next: Brass, Bronze, Titanium is done, BeCu and SS is "on the way"

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is coming next: Brass, Bronze, Titanium is done, BeCu and SS is "on the way"

I was asking in the big HDS thread what special metal will ne the next?
Bronze, Brass and Titanium are done, and BeCu and Stainless Steel is currently in progress....
Also interesting is "Bare Aluminum" also a special metal light? :thinking:

Btw. Hogos idea sound from the big HDS thread sounds sweet :D

Zirconium and timascus followed by adamantium and unobtainium.

What do the others have as idea for a "Special Metal HDS"?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What is coming next: Brass, Bronze, Titanium is done, BeCu and SS is "on the way"

The only other special metal that I think aligns with the HDS philosophy is zirconium. Laminated or layered metals, while beautiful and striking, aren't as strong. For sure zirc would be crazy expensive. Maybe tungsten? How about CPM 3v for edge retention? Lol!

JKolmo

Enlightened
Re: What is coming next: Brass, Bronze, Titanium is done, BeCu and SS is "on the way"

I've said it before. Platinum Rotary w 18650 body FTW!

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened

I do quite a few flashlight repairs and when I do I always use Silver, I`d like to see Silver being used as heat sinks instead of copper, it`s The best conductor of both heat and electricity so it has a practical aspect as well, and it`s not That expensive either.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do quite a few flashlight repairs and when I do I always use Silver, I`d like to see Silver being used as heat sinks instead of copper, it`s The best conductor of both heat and electricity so it has a practical aspect as well, and it`s not That expensive either.

If it is just a little dab... ok. But today silver is $27/oz., while copper today is $2.92/lb. The conductivity of silver clocks in at 63 x 10^6 siemens/meter, roughly seven percent higher than the conductivity of annealed copper, which stands at 59 x 10^6 siemens/meter.

That said, I would like to see more stainless silver hosts. I have only seen two, one was a doctor's kit, one of a kind I believe, and the more common was by Tiffany, can still find on eBay sometimes. I assume in the doctor's light, silver was chosen for it's oligodynamic effects (though copper is also oligodynamic), and the stainless Tiffany light chose it because silver is precious and decorative. Though both were incan, they were low volts and amps, so the conductivity and heat sinking of silver was lost on both (unless hot rodded with high amp lamp and Li-ion cells).

I would like a custom silver tail cap for my Zebralight. But copper is fine, because neither will make much of any difference... it won't make Zebralight any brighter to have a low rez tail cap. Maybe the runtime will be slightly better? I just want a heavier tail cap to move the center of gravity toward the tail, to improve the new tail cap wobble effect when I set it down (haphazardly) to tail stand.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gallium Nitride.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some custom metal tails (Brass or Copper) to go with the bare stainless tails would be cool.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
What is coming next: Brass, Bronze, Titanium is done, BeCu and SS is "on the ...

I would like one in vibranium, powered by a kyber crystal.

Sos24

Enlightened

Bare Aluminum was also already done end of last year.
b14eb4342c43aa2d97acc03aeeb9bbd4.plist

nbp

Flashaholic

Mammoth bones.

nbp

Flashaholic

Comes in pieces with Ikea style illustrations and you build it yourself.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leather? Fur?

Stoneking

Enlightened

Superconductor

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Personally, I would like osmium or iridium, but only in a 2AA tube so it would weigh about 2 pounds. If not that, then depleted uranium.

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened

I vote titanium again