High noon HICRI options

aau007

Enlightened
what are the latest options for 5700k or above with HICRI>90? Looking for commercial offerings, not looking to build it myself. It can be a p60 dropin (I have a few Solarforce hosts) or a complete light. I use it for work and for close range wide/diffused or no hotspot.

I already have a 5000k triple nichia dropin. This is probably the warmest color I want. Even then, I can't find it anymore on the market.

scout24

Flashaholic
There are a number of builders who do custom P60 work. Vinh (SkyLumen), Tana, and Nailbender are three that come to mind. A quick search should yield their sales threads/ contact info.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your best bet would likely be a modded light. HDS does/did make a light that fits your requirements.

aau007

Enlightened
I was mistaken. My triple nichia says 5700k. I also have a single nichia that says 4000k and that's too yellow for me. I use 4000k for my light bulbs at home but somehow does not like it in a flashlight.

What's the exact color temperature of the hds high noon?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
latest options for 5700k or above with HICRI>90? ...diffused or no hotspot.

LH351d 5700k has a wider hotspot than 219c

You might ask Kaidomain if they will build you a triple 5700k LH351d dropin..

High Noon is the HDS nickname for 5700k 219c.
HDS only uses One LED, and they have a deep reflector with a very strong hotspot.
They do not use dropins.

Last edited:

aau007

Enlightened
LH351d 5700k has a wider hotspot than 219c

You might ask Kaidomain if they will build you a triple 5700k LH351d dropin..

High Noon is the HDS nickname for 5700k 219c.
HDS only uses One LED, and they have a deep reflector with a very strong hotspot.
They do not use dropins.

Like.

I sent a request to KD. Let's see what they say. The Samsung LED says HICRI90 whereas Nichia says 92. Not sure if I can even tell the difference. :) But I do like wider hotspot. Thanks.

Any volume commercial vendor makes a complete 5700k HICRI flashlight? JetBeam, Olight, Fenix, those kind of brands? Why not? Too small a market? There seems to be no economic competition to the hds high noon flashlight. That being said, the hds high noon is not even available anymore.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any volume commercial vendor makes a complete 5700k HICRI flashlight?
Why not?

Most of the Cool White lights are marketed for Highest Lumens, and High CRI is not Highest lumens. Olight does not even bother making High CRI lights, I dont think Fenix nor Jetbeam do either.

HDS produced a tiny number of lights with 5700k 219c LED, limited to a 200 lumen output, and costing several hundred dollars. There is no mass producer that can convince the general public to pay that price, for that few lumens.

the latest rage are the Anduril lights FW3A, D4, KR4. Of note, the KR4 offers a 5000k Nichia E21a.
Anduril lights sell because they offer thousands of lumens, for about 50 bucks, with choices of LEDs all the way up to 6500k.. and high CRI options, mostly at 3000k and 4000k.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out a Prometheus Alpha or Delta.
I am very happy with the 219C 4K 90+CRI and the 319A 5k 80+CRI

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the HDS High Noon Cree XP-G3 HighCRI?

The majority seem to prefer the cooler temperatures. I like the warmer, 2000K-4200K.
I would prefer a HiCRI Golden Hour to High Noon. I wonder if such an LED exists. I suppose it must, Golden Hour is around 3500K.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The High Noon is a nickname for the 5700k 219c High CRI
bear in mind it is a Clicky not a Rotary

I only recommend Rotary

the xp-g3 is a separate light.. It is Not High CRI

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the HDS High Noon Cree XP-G3 HighCRI?

The majority seem to prefer the cooler temperatures. I like the warmer, 2000K-4200K.
I would prefer a HiCRI Golden Hour to High Noon. I wonder if such an LED exists. I suppose it must, Golden Hour is around 3500K.

There's tons of options for High CRI 3500k. HDS has produced two different runs with 3500k, one with 219B and one with 219C. I believe the 219B is used in a few different metals as well.

Beyond that, there are Osram emitters, Luminus emitters, other Nichia emitters, Cree emitters, and probably more I can't think of off the top of my head.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only recommend clicky.

Bear in mind that Jon has a lot more sense than I.
P

LOL
differences make the world go round

My only HDS clicky is a Novatac

atm, I have a dozen Rotaries, none are HDS

not sure I have more sense.. I spent less dollars per light, but I bought more of them

here are a few:
dDnUEKF.png

Last edited:

aau007

Enlightened
Is it possible to replace the led with the Samsung 5700k in those Jetbeams? If so, what does it involve?

LOL
differences make the world go round

My only HDS clicky is a Novatac

atm, I have a dozen Rotaries, none are HDS

not sure I have more sense.. I spent less dollars per light, but I bought more of them

here are a few:
dDnUEKF.png

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to replace the led with the Samsung 5700k in those Jetbeams? If so, what does it involve?

you can hire someone to do the modding job
I suggest you ask Vinh at skylumen.com

since you want a floody beam, you might prefer a triple LED to a single LED

Last edited: