Maxtorch        

Thread: Led Lenser V2 powerchip comments.

Default Led Lenser V2 powerchip comments.

I just saw this review done by www.ledmuseum.net (also a cpf moderator);
    http://ledmuseum.jpoproductions.com/v2.htm
    I also have 2 of these rascals, but both are woofing down 698 - 701ma (series ampmeter measured) from rad shack Nimh N cells. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    They are each brighter than both my white everleds put together with the nimhs or stock alkalines. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
    The 360ma n cells are usually depleted in about 30 - 35 minutes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]
    At least this is one luxeon lotto that can be won since these units can be pretested before going to the cash register with them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Just another thing that makes ya go hmmmm.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

Default Re: Led Lenser V2 powerchip comments.

I would not recommend those, mainly because of the N-Cells and the not-too-good beam quality and some greenies reported.
    Of course they are not watertight either, the typical annoying LedLenser flaw.
    bernhard

Default Re: Led Lenser V2 powerchip comments.

Well, I'd better not buy NiMh N cells and a charger... this flashlight is a loaner, and I'm sure its owner would appreciate receiving it back without a blown up LED. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    I'll add the current consumption figures to the flashlight's web page.