Warranty question about SF L5

E

Emilion

Would anyone pls tell me whether the warranty of my L5 covers if I use it as a tool to defence myself (just in case) and the lens/bezel breaks (again, just in case)?

Thanks all.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Good question emilion,

I suspect that they would if they advertised it as an impact tool. Unfortunately I dont think that they said it was? The only way to answer that question would be to ask them directly through CS. Let us know the answer as I'm sure we are all interested to hear if they will/won't!

Doug

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the ads they put to us consumers as "knurled handle of Hard Ano Type III that can saw through a lesser aluminium" I am sure they would help you out. My KL3 was spoilt initially after 3 weeks use and they replaced a new one for me. That is good but unfortunately the new one failed again after my 2nd time of fixing it on the M2. I spoke to SF and they willingly replaced it, no questions asked. But by then the KL5 was sitting happily on my M2. I gave my friend the KL3 instead which he then installed it onto his G2.

Andy Ho

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't ask me, I don't know either. I used it as normal on my M2 but of course I interchanged it a few times with the original M2 bezel so I could opt for incand and LED. I guess the screwing in and out sort of disconnected the spring from the soldering on the LED's wire.

The replacement KL3 they gave me had a very loose outer spring. I thought something is not quite right but did not question. After fixing the KL3 onto my M2, I couldn't remove it. The spring got caught onto my M2's interior casing. I had no choice but to use force to turn it out and that broke the spring, the interior of my M2 is full of scratches too. I sent the KL3 back to SF with the chippings of my M2 on it just to prove to them that it is a genuine problem.

Andy Ho

E

Emilion

Just got the e-mail from SF

"On the L5 everything except batteries is covered by the warranty."

Sounds wonderful! The $180 L5 really worth.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hope the KL5 isn't prone to failing the same way as the KL3 like andy described...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. My KL5 is working perfectly. In fact I love it so much it has become my EDC now although I got my E2e for EDC. The KL5 had been with me for the last 3 1/2 mths.

Andy Ho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i still EDC my A2 though...its still my most used light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spacemarine

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Emilion said:
"On the L5 everything except batteries is covered by the warranty."

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that if I accidently drive over it with my car (or a truck), they repair everything except for the batteries?